Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Wayward Side :
My Life

Topic is Sleeping.

MyNameIsDoug (original poster member #35570) posted at 8:08 PM on Friday, January 15th, 2021

My wife and I were swingers at 1 point until I broke the #1 rule. I cheated at a party we were throwing. When I came down the stairs after being caught I started to blame everyone else for the reason I cheated. My fear of death my need to feel wanted and desired from every women. I blamed anything I could. I let her lay there like Humpty Dumpty while I tried to get sympathy. I shattered our whole world. That was 10 years ago. We have made some progress but not enough. We have both been to every counselor and therapist you can think of both alone and together. We don’t hide anything material from each other. We had a great marriage I threw it away. We have made it past stage 1 but are stuck at stage 2. Stage 1 was forgiveness. What I need is some idea of what or where to go from here? She forgave me for the affair so now I just need some idea what to do next?

Miss our old life.

id 8625623

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 10:40 PM on Friday, January 15th, 2021

Can you provide what you have done to repair the damage?

If we know what you have already tried then we won’t be redundant.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8625651

SI Staff ( Moderator #10) posted at 10:40 PM on Friday, January 15th, 2021

Moving to Wayward Side

id 8625653

MyNameIsDoug (original poster member #35570) posted at 10:49 PM on Friday, January 15th, 2021

I have learned how to become more patient. I have learned about empathy and some ways to show it. I have overcome my anger. I don’t jump into fighting and trying to shame her every time she would bring up any subject about the affair. She has agreed that I am different she just needs more from me. I’m not sure what else to give.

Miss our old life.

id 8625656

nekonamida ( member #42956) posted at 12:00 AM on Saturday, January 16th, 2021

What does she say she need from you? Have you asked her to get specific?

posts: 5232   ·   registered: Mar. 31st, 2014   ·   location: United States
id 8625672

Neanderthal ( member #71141) posted at 3:06 AM on Saturday, January 16th, 2021

For a little context my xW and I were in the lifestyle as well. It was my idea and I basically coerced her to participate. My reasons for swinging were selfish and grew from a very unhealthy place. We weren't in a good place in our marriage. Instead of leaning inward to her, I opened our marriage to others. In doing so, I tore her self esteem to shreds. I also crossed over agreed upon rules. So not only was I a selfish prick, I couldn't be trusted either.

It wasn't until years later that I really tried to identify why the fuck I thought swinging was even a possibility.

Maybe you could look towards what led to swinging? Were you in a good place mentally before it started?

Me: WS/BS

posts: 439   ·   registered: Jul. 30th, 2019   ·   location: OK
id 8625705

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 5:39 PM on Saturday, January 16th, 2021

Have you given up your desire for external validation? If so, what is that like?

If not, a continued need for external validation is a big problem.

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30214   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 8625781

MyNameIsDoug (original poster member #35570) posted at 9:58 PM on Monday, January 18th, 2021

I have given up all external validation. I don’t need it because it’s not important. What I am trying to do is prove that I am a honest, loving and respectful person. I want to prove these to her without waiting to be tested. I don’t have any idea how to prove myself. We are living a good life but we want it to be great. How do we achieve that goal?

Miss our old life.

id 8626225

Chaos ( member #61031) posted at 2:26 PM on Tuesday, January 19th, 2021

BS here Doug. Here's my 2 cents.

I have given up all external validation. I don’t need it because it’s not important. What I am trying to do is prove that I am a honest, loving and respectful person. I want to prove these to her without waiting to be tested. I don’t have any idea how to prove myself. We are living a good life but we want it to be great. How do we achieve that goal?

There's an awful lot of I statements here. Only towards the end you get to we.

Oversimplified - the answer to your question - proven behavior over time.

BS-me/WH-4.5yrLTA Married 2+ decades - Children (1 still at home) Multiple DDays w/same AP until I told OBS 2018 Cease & Desist sent spring 2021"Hello–My name is Chaos–You f***ed my husband-Prepare to Die!"

posts: 3839   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2017   ·   location: East coast
id 8626369
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy