Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: GettingThere08

I Can Relate :
Spouses with Same Gender APs

Topic is Sleeping.

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 9:08 PM on Sunday, April 2nd, 2017

I'm really sorry your H is such an idiot, cmego. I really hope he can develop empathy for his and your daughter, and I hope your daughter can find a way to accept him.

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30061   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 7825778

cmego ( member #30346) posted at 12:06 AM on Monday, April 3rd, 2017

sisoon...

Me too. On both accounts. I"m just not sure either are going to happen.

me...BS, 46 years old.
Divorced

posts: 4745   ·   registered: Dec. 9th, 2010   ·   location: South
id 7825899

Lovingmyselfmore ( member #46119) posted at 7:40 PM on Wednesday, April 5th, 2017

My relationship with my EX has deteriorated beyond repair...mostly because the reasons that led him to cheat were never addressed.

Cmego, I am sorry that this happened with your ex and that he is behaving so badly and I am sorry for your dd too, but she has a strong and VERY intelligent mother and she will be OK no matter what.

While I feel that EX should be authentic and this is not a choice for him, if other people choose to not be around him because of his sexuality...that should be OK. So, I'm stuck in the position of forcing her to go to visitation although she doesn't want to be there. It sucks.

sorry for this too (((((((((cmego)))))))))))

You have gone throught the worst nightmare. You are my inspiration.

dday: september-12-2014
Me: 42 EX: 46 gay or bisexual (go figure!) together: 12 years
Dday to 3 months: suicidal 1 year after: huge depression- 1.5 years still kind of depressed-Took me 2.5 years to be kind of happy again

id 7828682

countrydirt ( member #55758) posted at 8:59 PM on Monday, April 10th, 2017

I think my wife is thinking about reconnecting with her AP. Her behavior is starting to resemble what it was like a year ago before I discovered what was going on. Feeling a little discouraged.

3 adult sonsMarried 32 years. DDay1 - June 2016, DDay 2 - April 2017, Final DDay - May 2020. Divorced - January 2021
Life is Good!

posts: 528   ·   registered: Oct. 25th, 2016   ·   location: Colorado
id 7833029

Lovingmyselfmore ( member #46119) posted at 3:20 AM on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017

((((Countrydirt)))))

What a mind f**k!!

-journal and take notes of everything you see. Has she taken a shower? Is she late? Is she making excuses/taking more time on errands?

-is she hiding her cellphone?

Well you already know how this works. And you will have to make a decision if she is back at it again.

Sorry that you are going through this again we are here for you.

Dday to 3 months: suicidal 1 year after: huge depression- 1.5 years still kind of depressed-Took me 2.5 years to be kind of happy again

id 7833330

countrydirt ( member #55758) posted at 7:16 PM on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017

Yeah, I'm going to get back to journaling everything I am noticing. Yes, she is holding that cell phone pretty close and only leaves it around when she's had a chance to delete messages. I know that she is deleting them, because I can see the numbers on the phone bill and they are not matching up to the number of messages sent and received.

I expect we will have a confrontation in a few more days as I gather more evidence. It may be coming up on the end.

3 adult sonsMarried 32 years. DDay1 - June 2016, DDay 2 - April 2017, Final DDay - May 2020. Divorced - January 2021
Life is Good!

id 7833837

Lovingmyselfmore ( member #46119) posted at 11:21 PM on Tuesday, April 11th, 2017

Sorry CD,

Prepare yourself for the worst. It seems that there will be another dday very soon but you can preparare yourself emotionally so as to not be taken by surprise.

I am deeply sorry

(((((((countrydirt)))))))

id 7834039

countrydirt ( member #55758) posted at 12:02 AM on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017

Thanks.

Life is Good!

id 7834053

Hurtandstuck ( member #56704) posted at 7:46 PM on Friday, April 21st, 2017

A little late to the war here but countrydirt good luck

Me: BS late 20's
Him: WH 30's T: 6 years
DDay1 16 Aug 2016 - DDay2 18 Aug 2016 - DDay3 06 Jan 2017
multiple Anon CL hookups
In IC/MC since DDay1
*Edits for typos a lot :)*

id 7843043

countrydirt ( member #55758) posted at 2:08 PM on Sunday, April 30th, 2017

Posted most of the story on JFO, but to recap - I confronted her on Friday with a simple statement along the lines of "I don't know if you are confused or trying to recapture the thrill of what you thought you had, but the flirting and hiding and sneaking just doesn't work for me. I'm done fighting for something you apparently don't want." Confrontation is too strong of a word for what happened. It was a simple statement of fact and me walking away.

After calling BS on her response of "I don't know why I am doing this," with a statement of "Of course you know why you are doing this. Because you want to," we had a pretty long and reasonable conversation. I asked her again if she was gay or bisexual and she revealed to me that she knew she wasn't because she watched a lesbian movie to see if it did anything for her and she feels nothing that way, never has and never will. I've chuckled for 2 days thinking about her trying find her gay side and discovering that it's simply not there.

My wife told me that the OW, who is a partnered lesbian, seems just as baffled about it as she is.

It was sort of amusing to me to watch my wife of nearly 30 years go through all the contortions of trying to cover her tracks. Having a sewing video on her computer and trying to type messenger reponses and keeping her elbows tucked way in to try and hide the fact that she was typing, frantically minimizing the screen when I walked into the room, feeling waves of fear coming from her when I sat at my desk behind her chair with my back to her, watching her have a twitch when the messenger sound came from her phone. I told her, if this is what you have to do, just get on with it so I can get on with my life.

There was no teary breakdown. I simply told that after 9 months of constantly saying "I can't live without you," I no longer believed that. I told her I won't live with someone who would continue to sneak around and try to have it both ways. I'm done trying to show her that I'm the best husband in the world, the best lover and most romantic person alive. I'm done being suspicious. She's either all in or all out with no middle ground. I told her that I am still willing to give her 100% of me for our marriage, but I will not accept anything less than 100% of her.

Life is Good!

id 7851117

Lovingmyselfmore ( member #46119) posted at 4:09 AM on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017

Hi countrydirt,

Are you in IC?

Last time you posted that you felt a new dday coming and it seems that she is still hiding things from you.

Is she doing something to fight for the marriage?

It's scary to discover that your SO, the person you love the most in the whole world can be capable of doing something like this and the discovery creates a big trauma, that's why you need professional help if possible .. And she also needs help to determine if she is lesbian.

I'm sorry that you are going through this. Stay strong and ask yourself if this relationship is something that you want.

I wish there was a magic wand that could make all of this disappear but there isn't and this is very complicated because sometimes they are so deeply in the closet that they don't want/or can't admit it not even to themselves.

One of the reasons that I decided not to work towards R with my ex what the TERROR that I had of wasting more years with a gay man - believing that he was just bisexual- only to find out later down the road that in fact he was 100% gay.

The pain is unbearable... I can't imagine another dday 3,4 or 5 years down the road. I simply can't imagine such a huge pain.

That's why it's important to make the best decision for you sooner than later CD.

You don't deserve this. None of us.

Hugs

LMM

id 7852560

countrydirt ( member #55758) posted at 3:59 PM on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017

She finally realized that I was done. She planned a "break-up" lunch with the OW and I knew that something else was hoped for. I was going out of town on Sunday morning. As I was carrying my bag out to the car and passing through the living room to grab my computer, I saw her Facebook chat pop up with a message from the OW on her computer showing me enough that they wanted to make out and see what happened next. This was after my wife swore that nothing would happen less than an hour before. I calmly went up to her and said, "I saw your message that you didn't have a chance to delete and I simply won't take it anymore. You continue to lie about what you are doing and everything you say to me is a lie. Do what you have to do. I'm doing what I have to do," and I walked out.

After I was gone for about 20 minutes, I realized that I hadn't told my sons goodbye, so I went back to the house and told them both that I would see them on Tuesday. She grabbed me and asked to talk. I said, "I've given you 100% of me to try and get through this. You've given me less. I'm done trying to fight for a marriage you are not committed to. I'm not sure if I can come back on Tuesday."

I had about 45 minutes before I actually needed to leave. So we talked. She said that if I left she would die, figuratively. I told her that I couldn't worry about that. I could only deal with my health, sanity and sobriety. I told her that the only option moving forward was a complete break from the OW. She got a look of real fear because I think she expected me to say that the only option was for us to split. I told her that I couldn't make her choose to cut off the affair, only she could make that decision and that I would do the things to protect MY future, not our future.

Then I had to leave for my trip and we parted on good terms. I told her we could talk on the phone later and that I would come home on Tuesday (today).

We had several phone conversations in the evening and many text messages back and forth. Yesterday, I sent her an article about flirting and affairs that explained the 2 options, stop the affair or divorce.

she sent me a text after 4:30 saying that we were no longer a threesome. She broke it off with the OW.

Now we can get on with reconciling. I'll still trust but verify, but feel like she is finally on board with doing what needs to be done to heal this marriage.

Life is Good!

id 7852887

cmego ( member #30346) posted at 8:37 PM on Friday, May 5th, 2017

countrydirt...I'm glad to hear that she broke it off with the OW...but what proof do you have that she did?

This is a very long road ahead. You (and she) need to deal with her sexuality. You are going to go through many, many stages of trying to deal with not only infidelity, but her sexuality. Anger is going to come with grief and confusion.

Are you in IC? How are things now??

me...BS, 46 years old.
Divorced

posts: 4745   ·   registered: Dec. 9th, 2010   ·   location: South
id 7856358

Northsider12 ( member #58789) posted at 8:44 PM on Thursday, May 18th, 2017

I wish I'd had this place in 2002 when I discovered what my wife was up to.

But I didn't, just IC and MC.

We stayed together. Life is pretty good. I feel that our relationship has never been stronger.

But sometimes I still fear that one day she'll leave me for a woman.

Me: BH
Affair: February-August 2003
WW had sexual interactions with a married couple. Claims it didn't get physical, evidence and common sense indicates otherwise. But really, who cares - betrayal is betrayal regardless of its form.
Reconciled

posts: 139   ·   registered: May. 17th, 2017   ·   location: United States
id 7868000

Lovingmyselfmore ( member #46119) posted at 9:35 PM on Friday, May 19th, 2017

Northsider12,

That fear that he may leave me for another man in the future was terrible. It was a nightmare.

I am glad that you and your wife are doing well.

((((Northsider)))

id 7869067

HowIsThisReal ( member #50235) posted at 2:00 AM on Monday, May 22nd, 2017

Northsider, glad to hear you and your wife are doing well. I wonder if that type of fear will ever totally go away.

I think even if I left and ended up with another man I would worry about the possibility of what could happen in the right situation.

My H still swears he isn't bi/homosexual, and I'm sick of trying to figure t out, he's dealing with that shit with his therapist and she also think not bi/gay, but then it's like "what you'd just fuck anyone that gave you drugs?".

I honestly don't think he cared anymore who he was fucking asn long as he got high and got off.

[This message edited by HowIsThisReal at 9:02 AM, May 22nd (Monday)]

Me: BS | D-Day 11/3/2015

Took about 5 years of hard work, but we are R'd.

id 7870508

shellofme ( member #57133) posted at 3:57 AM on Saturday, May 27th, 2017

[This message edited by shellofme at 3:37 PM, Saturday, November 26th]

id 7875645

sisoon ( Moderator #31240) posted at 2:52 PM on Saturday, May 27th, 2017

Yes, it is. Are you sure your H told the truth? Are you sure you have to hold it in?

fBH (me) - on d-day: 66, Married 43, together 45, same sex ap
DDay - 12/22/2010
Recover'd and R'ed
You don't have to like your boundaries. You just have to set and enforce them.

posts: 30061   ·   registered: Feb. 18th, 2011   ·   location: Illinois
id 7875839

shellofme ( member #57133) posted at 4:15 PM on Saturday, May 27th, 2017

Hi sisoon. Thanks for your reply. It's so helpful to have people who are further along in R respond. I'm having such a hard time. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel 'sure' of anything the way I did before DDay, but I'm as sure as I can be. I think my FWH has been honest with me since my 2nd DDay.

[This message edited by shellofme at 3:38 PM, Saturday, November 26th]

id 7875908

HowIsThisReal ( member #50235) posted at 4:11 AM on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017

ShellOfMe I'm sorry you have to be here. It's like one last twist of the knife to find out about same gender infidelity. Not only do we have to process the infidelity itself, but then to throw this in too, it's hard.

[This message edited by HowIsThisReal at 8:57 PM, June 3rd (Saturday)]

Me: BS | D-Day 11/3/2015

Took about 5 years of hard work, but we are R'd.

id 7881414
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240712a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy