Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Fell Off the Wagon

Topic is Sleeping.

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 10:18 PM on Tuesday, September 26th, 2023

Wondered how you are doing?
Sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8809493

likeapinball ( member #50073) posted at 6:24 PM on Monday, October 2nd, 2023

Hey ibonnie,

My FWH has been struggling with alcoholism since we met (30ish years ago). He's tried "white knuckling it" on his own and has always gone right back to square one. He came across a podcast that an actress did, I can't remember her name off the top of my head, of course. Anyhow, she talked about getting to a substance abuse therapist and he not only worked on getting to the bottom of why she felt the need to drink so much but also suggested a medication (naltrexone). I'm not in human medicine so I'll probably mess this up a bit but...it basically "shuts off" the desire for more. Where my FWH would/could drink 10 very large glasses of wine, now he a naltrexone one hour before he has his first glass of wine and then he usually only has 2-3. It's been a game changer! It doesn't sound like you were drinking quite the amount he was but just thought I'd share! Take care!

Edited for typos!

BS,DD: Sep 26, 2015. Married 16 years at DD. WH had a LTA with MOW. Three kiddos 15, 13 and 11 at the time. In R

posts: 226   ·   registered: Oct. 26th, 2015   ·   location: Canada
id 8810274

pureheartkit ( member #62345) posted at 1:00 AM on Saturday, November 25th, 2023

I know it's not the same but whenever I was around people eating treats that I knew would not be healthy I always felt the pull to go along and have that treat too. I had to eat before I went out so I could be full already and just nibble on a snack. It's hard to resist when you're there and people are offering you things. Even if you're only going to have a bite, pretty soon you've eaten the whole thing and going on seconds. That's the brain saying more please.......

It's hard to be there and say no when your brain is saying yes. Being there with people doing the activity is already setting you up for a willpower test. Maybe you all agree to something where there's no temptation involved. Something really fun that lights your brain up and makes you feel good. Life is about learning. You are finding your way. Understanding yourself. You are free to be what you want to be. Choose the best for yourself and be happy.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8816238
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy