Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Divorce/Separation :
Finally grey rock

Topic is Sleeping.

DanielJK (original poster member #75654) posted at 1:45 PM on Monday, May 24th, 2021

Volunteer?

Oh yeah.

I have a black lab. He is the most gentle, docile male black labs you will ever meet. He's 3 years old and has a very good temperament. I know many people say that about their dogs, but this kid is one of a kind special...he doesn't jump, he never chewed a shoe, never got into the trash, listens very well, etc.

I am thinking about signing him up for one of those pet therapy things where they visit hospitals and nursing homes.

BH 51
STBXWW 53
2 daughters, 14 and 16
Filed for divorce 12/23/2020

After a year of hell I finally moved out (5/26/2021).
Divorce still pending.

posts: 455   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2020   ·   location: CT
id 8662166

TheWrongOne ( member #78753) posted at 2:57 PM on Tuesday, May 25th, 2021

This0is0Fine

Not everyone has the resolve, fortitude, and clarity you had on DDay, TheWrongOne.

It is because I went through it once before. That is the ONLY reason it was easy for me, that and because I really don't love my wife anymore. That is the big difference.

I made all the mistakes a betrayed guy could make. I am not saying Daniel is doing it wrong. I see a lot of myself in him, and what he is going through triggers me and brings up painful memories.

id 8662469

TwoDozen ( member #74796) posted at 6:58 AM on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021

Good luck today Daniel

Hope all goes well with the new home

Keep us posted

#onwards&upwards

id 8662705

DanielJK (original poster member #75654) posted at 12:16 PM on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021

Thanks TD.

Closing is at 11am today, bittersweet.

I thought I would be a little more sad yesterday and last night knowing it would be the last night in the house I've called 'home' for the past 20 years. It's where we raised our kids...memories, etc.

I held out hope up until today. Still thinking perhaps today would be the day that my wife would finally say she loves me and everything will be OK...sorry, no Hollywood ending for you DJK.

But it wasn't too bad, no tears shed...I'm looking forward to the closing and starting to move forward and healing from this nightmare.

I always appreciate the support I receive here and especially the private messages.

The advice here is lightyears ahead of anything one would receive at MC.

I know most here say to wait a while before dating again. I will wait as long as I can, but I really miss having a loving companion in my life. I miss it terribly.

I'll perhaps start a new thread when divorce finally comes and the final nail in the coffin the done.

You folks are the best.

BH 51
STBXWW 53
2 daughters, 14 and 16

Divorce still pending.

id 8662727

asc1226 ( member #75363) posted at 1:53 PM on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021

I held out hope up until today. Still thinking perhaps today would be the day that my wife would finally say she loves me and everything will be OK...sorry, no Hollywood ending for you DJK.

If this had happened it would have been just another cake eating gambit at your expense. If she ever does decide to address her brokenness it’s going to take years of work, and whatever the catalyst for that decision looks like I doubt it will have any resemblance to a Hollywood moment.

She’s not a safe partner for anyone. There will be further casualties.

[This message edited by asc1226 at 7:54 AM, May 26th (Wednesday)]

I make edits, words is hard

id 8662743

Marz ( member #60895) posted at 9:54 PM on Wednesday, May 26th, 2021

It’s totally up to you but please drop the hopium pipe. It’s gotten you nowhere.

You are fairly young and could still have a great life. You won’t get there keeping yourself mired up in this.

Not making a decision, etc. especially when you’ve got nothing to work with is keeping yourself in limbo.

id 8662881

HalfTime2017 ( member #64366) posted at 11:29 PM on Thursday, May 27th, 2021

DJK - I'm of the school that its okay to date in divorce as long as you're upfront about it. Plenty of people will date in divorce, b/c divorce can take a long time to get done. It took me close to 2 yrs. I think if you're up front about it with whomever it is that you're dating about your situation, it should be fine.

Good luck with your move out to the new house. Just look at it as a new adventure. There is nothing good left for you in the old marriage, your WW is just not safe. Its good to drop the hopium man. That does you no good. The sooner you go NC, do the 180 and drop the hopium, the sooner you'll be able to date. Just look at it that way. YOu're in no place to date if you're still hoping your exWW comes crawling back to you. And you know what, she is not going to do that.

posts: 1424   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2018   ·   location: Cali
id 8663207

DanielJK (original poster member #75654) posted at 1:18 AM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

Yes, I am having trouble putting down the hopium pipe. I liked being married. I was proud to be married. But...

I moved yesterday.

Spent the night in the new house. Unfortunately I ruptured my bicep tendon moving stuff...now I'm excited to do things, but can't do much because my right arm is lame.

Brought my daughters here yesterday. They were excited to pick out which bedroom they wanted...younger daughter finally gets the bigger bedroom, she's excited. Had dinner with her tonight, I was glad she wanted to get take out and eat at the new house. We had a good time.

Got my fire pit and Adirondack chair...sitting here right now with my dog. Finally some peace.

BH 51
STBXWW 53
2 daughters, 14 and 16

Divorce still pending.

id 8663231

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 1:56 AM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

Finally some peace.

And when you start questioning things, remember THIS.

You deserve peace djk. I'm glad you're moved and that you're building new memories with your girls. Huge steps for you!

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8663243

asc1226 ( member #75363) posted at 1:59 AM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

Congratulations on getting some space. Hope the busted wing doesn’t slow you down too much.

I make edits, words is hard

id 8663244

Marz ( member #60895) posted at 4:15 AM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

If you cut contact you’ll be amazed at how fast clarity comes.

Just remember words don’t mean shit. Only actions count.

See a doctor for that arm.

[This message edited by Marz at 10:15 PM, May 27th (Thursday)]

id 8663273

Ripped62 ( member #60667) posted at 5:40 AM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

Be cautious about jumping into another marriage. You may be vulnerable based upon some of your comments. You do not need to place yourself in another hellish relationship.

Take care of your arm. Stay no contact. Stop smoking hopium. A life outside of infidelity is wonderful!

posts: 3176   ·   registered: Sep. 17th, 2017   ·   location: United States of America
id 8663285

BetrayedGamer ( member #78456) posted at 5:50 PM on Friday, May 28th, 2021

Glad you are finally out and on your own. Now NC and lack of hopium temptation will be easier to follow, and you'll get used to the new normal. Our timelines are so similar, I'm just a few weeks ahead. It will be cool to see how our summers turn out as we journey away from the As and the hell they caused.

Me BH (51) her STBXWW (47) AP (30)
D-Day 3/14 (3 months before our 7th Anniversary)
Multiple Rs requested but she refused
She moved out May 1, D final on 6/24
No biological kids, 1 stepdaughter

posts: 157   ·   registered: Mar. 6th, 2021   ·   location: CO
id 8663501

gmc94 ( member #62810) posted at 6:47 PM on Monday, May 31st, 2021

Hey Daniel - just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing in the new place.

Hope it's going well and the view is beginning to change.

M >25yrs/grown kids
DD1 1994 ONS prostitute
DD2 2018 exGF1 10+yrEA & 10yrPA... + exGF2 EA forever & "made out" 2017
9/18 WH hung himself- died but revived

It's rude to say "I love you" with a mouthful of lies

id 8664061

TwoDozen ( member #74796) posted at 11:30 AM on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021

Hey Daniel how are you doing brother?

TD

id 8664144

DanielJK (original poster member #75654) posted at 2:17 PM on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021

Hey, thank you for checking in.

Things are OK. Been in the new house since last Wednesday. Getting a bunch of stuff delivered tomorrow...I'll finally have a place to sit (I'm taking the living room furniture from her house, movers scheduled for tomorrow).

It's good to have the space. The distance definitely helps. Trying to stay busy with house projects, but I tore my bicep tendon moving...which really sucks because I can't do much and I've got things I want to do.

My daughters will stay with me next week. I'll probably go out a get some stuff for their rooms today...I'm off until Thursday.

I don't like being alone. This is not what I wanted. I'll have to find activities to keep me busy. I hike with my dog mostly...that's my main get out of the house activity right now.

I met a woman who walks her dog at the trail where I walk my dog. We crossed paths several times, I asked her if she would like to go out sometime. We are walking together later today. She made it clear she is not looking for anything (friend zoned right away), which is OK because of my situation. We exchanged phone numbers. She's very nice...we chit chat when we see each other on the walking path...so at 530 today we will meet for a hike at another trail. It's nice to have a new friend.

My STBXWW called the other day to ask how to use the lawn mower. My gut wants to say "call AP." But I told her how to work it.

My father is 90 and starting to slide into dementia. I took my daughters to see him, STBXWW wanted to go...I obliged. It may be the last time she sees him. When I dropped them back off at STBXWW's house, STBXWW started crying when I was leaving. WTF? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes (credit TD).

I don't feel quite right...but everyone keeps telling me a new normal will emerge. I wish that new normal would hurry up and get here...I'm very impatient.

The new house is walking distance to a package store and a Mexican restaurant...what more could a bachelor ask for?

[This message edited by DanielJK at 8:18 AM, June 1st (Tuesday)]

BH 51
STBXWW 53
2 daughters, 14 and 16

Divorce still pending.

id 8664167

Marz ( member #60895) posted at 2:55 PM on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021

Sorry man but no contact means no contact. If you don’t cut the cord you will keep yourself in this.

You don’t owe her anything now.

[This message edited by Marz at 9:53 AM, June 1st (Tuesday)]

id 8664175

BetrayedGamer ( member #78456) posted at 6:11 PM on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021

My STBXWW called the other day to ask how to use the lawn mower. My gut wants to say "call AP." But I told her how to work it.

Geez man it's like all cheaters are working off of a script. Mine did the exact same thing. I think she was trying to get me to make the 30 min drive to help her, I just walked her through it. Later she told me she had her brother do it (another guilt trip).

I look at it this way, let them keep calling for this and that. It's not hurting me, it's actually a bit reaffirming...you threw me out for your infidelity now you keep needing help with this and that. I don't know about you, but for me I don't care if she keeps calling me for help on things, I'm not calling/texting her about anything, so I'm showing that I'm fine without her and the A while she obviously is having some issues.

Me BH (51) her STBXWW (47) AP (30)
D-Day 3/14 (3 months before our 7th Anniversary)
Multiple Rs requested but she refused
She moved out May 1, D final on 6/24
No biological kids, 1 stepdaughter

posts: 157   ·   registered: Mar. 6th, 2021   ·   location: CO
id 8664207

BluerThanBlue ( member #74855) posted at 1:20 AM on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021

The next time she ask for something simply don’t respond. She will figure it out. Furthermore, don’t let her invite herself to family outings. Your Dad has dementia and instead of coping properly with that sadness, she’s switched your focus to her tears.

But I get it... you’re used to being her husband; it’s a hard habit to break. The only way is cold turkey.

BW, 40s

Divorced WH in 2015; now happily remarried

I edit my comments a lot for spelling, grammar, typos, etc.

id 8664326

Tigersrule77 ( member #47339) posted at 1:58 PM on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021

The next time she ask for something simply don’t respond.

Agreed. That is the definition of grey rock. STBXWW is just trying to draw you back in.

everyone keeps telling me a new normal will emerge.

Timing is different for everyone. Some more some less. You have the right plan, to keep yourself busy. In my experience, this definitely helps.

Your STBXWW also needs to recognize that this is the new normal. "Family" outings have a different meaning now. Stop subjecting yourself to the pain. I know it's hard to say no, but you will be better off. I expect that once you do that once or twice, she will stop asking. It's not mean, it's just reality. You shouldn't feel guilty about it.

Congratulations on the new place and new friend. Hopefully you will meet a few more friends and find some new activities to help fill out your time.

posts: 1593   ·   registered: Mar. 27th, 2015   ·   location: Maryland
id 8664420
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy