Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Divorce/Separation :
I am extremely angry. And I unleashed hell on that MF.

Topic is Sleeping.

freetogonow (original poster member #57821) posted at 12:08 AM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

This mother fucker got his divorce papers served. He knew they were coming.

The script all along, has been the same tired one that you all know. He was never the problem. It was his circumstances. It was me. I was the problem. And all he had to do, in order to lead a fulfilled happy life, was change women. Well I guess he learned the grass isn't greener. Who knew that running from your problems and using another woman to do so, wouldn't end well?

He starts texting me the day he got the papers. "Mistakes were made. I made a lot of bad choices. In the past I have blamed you or justified them but there is no justifying them. It's too bad I had to fuck everything up to learn certain things. I don't regret having married you (this is trying to walk back things he said 4 years ago)."

It's quite clear to me, and it's been clear for a while now, that he's very unhappy with his choice and I guess the grass isn't as green as he thought it would be. I started hearing, "I miss talking to you", etc etc. I've been ignoring him mostly and just getting on with my awesome life and the more I ignore him, the more he tries to talk to me.

That last thing is what fired me up. "I don't regret having married you". When he left, he told me, "I regret marrying you, I was never happy in 24 years, she was always my soulmate and if I'd been able to find her at any point in the past 24 years, I'd have left you then."

So now he's trying to walk that back. He's trying to walk it all back. He said a shitload of things about regret and remorse, of course not a single apology. Not the words, "I'm sorry." But it's very clear that he's hinting around that he's learned his lesson and he wishes he could get a do-over.

I'm happy that he's unhappy. I'm glad. That man destroyed me, and I stayed destroyed for a long fucking time.

I twisted the knife a few times and I have no regrets. Just said casual, innocent things that I knew was pouring salt in his wounds. I fucking enjoyed that a lot. You just don't even know.

He tries to engage all the time and I ignore him. It's clear to anyone that he's terribly lonely, I guess Snag isn't the soulmate companion he thought she would be. He is wildly curious about my life. I don't know what the fuck he thought I've been doing this whole time. Just sitting in a darkened room rocking back and forth? No motherfucker, I fixed myself. I unfucked myself, that's why we're getting divorced now, but you don't get to hear any details.

One of the things I said to him, was, "You destroyed every relationship that mattered. Your kids want nothing to do with you, you will never see your grandkids, and they are such a joy. So much has happened with me that I don't tell you about, that you will never know about, and you didn't value or deserve me either. I listen to your bullshit but I tell you nothing about my life. You don't get to know my joys and triumphs, you don't get to know about me. You don't rate to know. You are literally the only person on earth who thinks that she was worth giving all that up for. So I hope that you have a really happy life, because it only cost you everything."

I also said, "You are incredibly selfish. You chased after what you thought you "deserved" at the expense of everyone else's pain. But what you did not deserve was me and the kids." He was quiet for a minute and then he said, "I don't disagree."

But the fucking thing is, once again, he doesn't feel bad about the pain he's caused. He doesn't feel bad that he devastated me. He doesn't feel bad that he broke our son's heart. He doesn't feel bad that he's missed 4 years of our amazing wonderful grandkids. HE FEELS BAD FOR HIMSELF. It's all about HIS pain. Once again it's just "poor me, I made a bed that I now don't want to sleep in".

Mother fucker! I can't wait til this fucking divorce is final.

id 8684452

fareast ( Moderator #61555) posted at 12:27 AM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Amen!

If the man had the capacity for empathy, compassion or remorse you would have seen it long ago. This moron will always address the world as if it revolves around him. It doesn’t and he is destined for a lonely path that he paved by his actions. Tough. Wishing you a speedy D and keep doing what you are doing!

Never bother with things in your rearview mirror. Your best days are on the road in front of you.

id 8684454

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 2:59 AM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Slow clap! Full speed ahead, FTGN!

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8684467

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 2:16 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Epic rant FTGN!!!!!
You are awesome. Continue to be awesome.
Be happy you are soon to be free of this assclown.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8684526

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 2:42 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

If the man had the capacity for empathy, compassion or remorse you would have seen it long ago.

A defining characteristic for waywards is a lack of empathy and compassion. They have to be ok with betraying those closest to them. Sometimes it can be a temporary condition, but I think for most it's something they've been lacking for life.

id 8684531

Hippo16 ( member #52440) posted at 3:09 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Grubs:

A defining characteristic for waywards is a lack of empathy and compassion. They have to be ok with betraying those closest to them. Sometimes it can be a temporary condition, but I think for most it's something they've been lacking for life.

Amen

There's no troubled marriage that can't be made worse with adultery.If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, why not bungee jumping off a bridge span? For an extra thrill, don’t anchor the cord.

posts: 927   ·   registered: Mar. 26th, 2016   ·   location: OBX
id 8684542

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 5:22 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

I hope one day you get the chance to say "I regret marrying you"! laugh laugh laugh

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8684591

crazyblindsided ( member #35215) posted at 6:38 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

I don't know what the fuck he thought I've been doing this whole time. Just sitting in a darkened room rocking back and forth? No motherfucker, I fixed myself. I unfucked myself, that's why we're getting divorced now, but you don't get to hear any details.

I LOVED this part! You go!

My XWS is the same way. He even acknowledges and is sorry, BUT he has not changed and mine too only feels sorry for himself and NEVER bothers to ask how I am doing.

Onwards and Upwards. Cheers!

fBS/fWS(me):51 Mad-hattered after DD (2008)
XWS:53 Serial Cheater, Diagnosed NPD
DD(21) DS(18)
XWS cheated the entire M spanning 19 years
Discovered D-Days 2006,2008,2012, False R 2014
Divorced 8/8/24

posts: 8865   ·   registered: Apr. 2nd, 2012   ·   location: California
id 8684608

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 9:54 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Loooooove this entire post!!! FTGN, you are in the zone!!! Woooooot!!!

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8684624

J707 ( member #63778) posted at 10:30 PM on Friday, August 20th, 2021

Poor him

Your whole post showed how strong you are! I felt your strength through these words. Screw poor him, Mr. Woe is me. He won't change and you will thrive, just as you are! Good luck on the D, it'll be over soon!

posts: 1113   ·   registered: May. 14th, 2018   ·   location: Ca
id 8684631

katmandude54 ( member #35992) posted at 11:54 PM on Saturday, August 21st, 2021

Felt like you did. Waited FIVE years AFTER she walked out to finally get the divorce finalized. Was worth it. But. It really doesn't change anything INSTANTLY. Changes your personal reality, sure, but it does not change the reality of what happened.
After a bit that feeling of "YEAH" when you douse on your ex kinda of loses its potency. You know better, they don't really feel the effects, no matter how stinky their new lives are. It is better to just keep moving forward, build your new life, ignore them and their neediness, and just live well. THAT'S the best revenge.

If at first you don't succeed, you're probably screwed.

posts: 166   ·   registered: Jul. 1st, 2012   ·   location: FLORIDA
id 8684743

Gottagetthrough ( member #27325) posted at 5:39 PM on Monday, August 23rd, 2021

Living well is the best revenge!! You dont sound angry you sound fabulous!!!

id 8684924

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 4:35 PM on Tuesday, August 24th, 2021

A

defining characteristic for waywards is a lack of empathy and compassion. They have to be ok with betraying those closest to them. Sometimes it can be a temporary condition, but I think for most it's something they've been lacking for life.

Well put Grubbs!!

And yes. So we'll put freetogo! For many of us there had been an unashamed moratorium on sitting in a dark room rocking back and forth.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8685148
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy