Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Divorce/Separation :
Moving out

Topic is Sleeping.

Perdita1 (original poster member #67654) posted at 10:52 PM on Tuesday, June 8th, 2021

Sorry for the avalanche of posts recently.

STBX should be moving out tomorrow. I am teary and panicky. It’s going to be real. The children will just have me tomorrow night. Why am I doing this?

id 8665998

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 10:57 PM on Tuesday, June 8th, 2021

You're doing this because you love yourself and want to provide a healthy mom to your kids. This gets so very much easier. I promise.

DDay: 06/07/2017
MH - RA on DDay.
Divorced a serial cheater (prostitutes and lord only knows who and what else).

id 8666002

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 9:50 AM on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021

You first joined in 2018. What has changed that is positive in your marriage?

In 3 years what has happened that shows progress or effort or anything like that

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8666084

Karmafan ( member #53810) posted at 4:06 PM on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021

STBX should be moving out tomorrow. I am teary and panicky. It’s going to be real. The children will just have me tomorrow night. Why am I doing this?

To give yourself and your children a fighting chance to live a life that is not defined, tainted and crippled by infidelity!

Me 48 XWH Irrelevant D-day 23 Feb 163 amazing, resilient kids

You are not a drop in the Ocean, you are the entire Ocean in a drop

posts: 639   ·   registered: Jun. 23rd, 2016   ·   location: UK
id 8666142

cbgrace1980 ( member #64109) posted at 10:36 PM on Thursday, June 10th, 2021

The children will be just fine with you, because you are taking care of them! You will help them, lead them, guide them, and even if/when you cry, you are still being brave. Don't panic. This was not a sudden decision. Make sure you have a good friend to call in case you need to vent! We are here for you and we care about you. Hugs to you!

id 8666481

Perdita1 (original poster member #67654) posted at 11:17 PM on Saturday, June 12th, 2021

We’ll, there were some delays but now it’s just me - he’s moved out. And I am devastated. I miss being married. I miss having someone to come home to. I miss…,someone.

id 8667047

BraveSirRobin ( member #69242) posted at 11:46 PM on Saturday, June 12th, 2021

I don't know if you are familiar with the musical "Dear Evan Hansen," but your post reminded me of a song in it called "So Big/So Small." It's a mother singing to her son about the long-ago day his father moved out. It might be too much to listen to it today, but I think it could resonate when you're ready.

((Perdita))

WW/BW

id 8667050

Hutch ( member #70846) posted at 11:52 PM on Saturday, June 12th, 2021

@Perdita1

Navigating a new world is difficult no matter the circumstances that lead to divorce. I’m a firm believer in staying busy especially in the very low moments. Spend time with your kids, find hobbies that you have always wanted to try, exercise if even going for walks. Keep busy until your new life becomes more comfortable. You’ll see that you have more strength than you ever imagined you’d have.

Another thing that helps is getting out and meeting people. Mom/kid play dates where you meet other mothers and can interact, hiking groups, church fellowship, singles support groups or outings. Spend time with friends or family, if possible. Allow yourself to build your new life.

And gently, allow yourself to grieve but try not to get lost or consumed by it. I know that is so difficult but don’t let the walls close in on you. Keep communicating and you will see that you’ll get a little stronger each day. And know that you will have good days and bad days. It’s okay to have those.

Last tip. Sometimes rearranging your furniture or making some inexpensive changes can help. If you have to stay in the same home, give it a facelift so it feels different. Make it your home.

Big hugs sent.

Divorced.

posts: 246   ·   registered: Jun. 24th, 2019   ·   location: FL
id 8667051

Justsomeguy ( member #65583) posted at 12:50 AM on Sunday, June 13th, 2021

I remember standing by the kitchen sink with my sister, breaking down as a sobbing mess. I didn't want to be that dad loading one final box into my car, about to drive away and leave my family behind. It was a difficult moment, but for the life of me, I cant seem to place it in my narrative. Was it before or after I filed for D?

Y point is that I worried about so much that has not come to pass. Three years later, life is okay. If you re read my other posts, you'd see that it's not ideal, but fits me well at this stage. My kids are good, in some ways better. I've had to write a new story from scratch and that's okay, even exciting. Hell, I'm even starting to plan some adventures now.

Things will work out. I don't know how or why, but the just seem to. Be strong and just a little selfish. You deserve that.

I'm an oulier in my positions.

Me:55 STBXWW:55 DD#1: false confession of EA Dec. 2016. False R for a year.DD#2: confessed to year long PA Dec. 2 2017 (was about to be outed)Called it off and filed. Denied having an affair in court papers.

Divorced 20

posts: 1849   ·   registered: Jul. 25th, 2018   ·   location: Canada
id 8667057

Fof9303 ( member #70433) posted at 10:28 PM on Monday, June 14th, 2021

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It is not easy to feel this way but things will ease and get better with time. Just keep telling yourself that these feelings will pass and time will heal you. So tonight, snuggle up with your kids, watch a movie, eat some ice cream, say your prayers. Tomorrow do the most important things that have to be done and then if anything else gets accomplished consider that a reward. Put something on pretty, eat off a fancy plate, dance in your panties, and do any little thing that can bring some happiness. God Bless.

id 8667389

Perdita1 (original poster member #67654) posted at 9:32 PM on Sunday, June 20th, 2021

Just wanted to thank you all for your advice and support. Have been reading and re-reading. I can’t believe it’s only been a week.

id 8668582

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 4:39 PM on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021

You can do this. And you don't have to do it alone.

I think there are safe people out there who can help too. Of course use appropriate caution but I can only speak for myself but as a grandma aged person with no grands (or even if I had some), I am always happy to help people I know who are leaving infidelity with their kids or other things I may know how to do that they don't.

I imagine there might be people like that in your community too who would love to help you.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8669154

Perdita1 (original poster member #67654) posted at 9:06 PM on Friday, June 25th, 2021

Thanks Shehawk. I guess I have to tell people to let them help me. It just feels so strange announcing it.

id 8670023
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy