Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

I Can Relate :
BS Questions for WS - Part 15

Panopticon72 ( new member #85106) posted at 12:15 PM on Sunday, September 8th, 2024

WS - if your infidelity was of the NSA kind:

My WH spent several weeks hooking up with a 'random' person online, then met her once for a night of NSA 'attempted' (his words) sex. He says he deleted her contact details the next morning and they never had any intention of communicating after that. This was 8 months ago.
He says (and has said since D-Day) that he doesn't think about her at all unless it is when I raise his infidelity. FWIW, their encounter was apparently far less exciting than they had both hoped, with neither really matching up to expectations 'in the flesh'. I am aware that this might be minimising things, but she didn't look much like her pictures when they met, etc....

I know that he thinks about his actions and feels shame and remorse, etc. But is it really possible that he doesn't think about HER unless I raise things? [He was somehow able to not think about me, his family or the OBS when he was doing the dirty, so...]

Many thanks.

posts: 43   ·   registered: Aug. 20th, 2024   ·   location: England
id 8847894

NeverWillAgain ( member #25007) posted at 7:40 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

But is it really possible that he doesn't think about HER unless I raise things?

The short answer is yes.
I never think about my AP unless something like this pops up. It's been this way since D-Day. I'm almost 16 yrs out. Now, I don't think about her much but I think about how my relationship with my wife has changed for the better. I have a 45 yr relationship with my wife. I spent a half dozen meetings with that woman over a month. There is no way the relationships and memories of that are any way close. I think of her and I think about a bad choice I made that brought a bad time into our lives, nothing more.

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."

id 8848103

Panopticon72 ( new member #85106) posted at 9:06 PM on Tuesday, September 10th, 2024

Thank you. That is so helpful to know it is actually possible.

posts: 43   ·   registered: Aug. 20th, 2024   ·   location: England
id 8848113

WhiteCarrera ( member #29126) posted at 2:46 PM on Friday, September 13th, 2024

Several years ago, my wife met a guy while out for dinner/drinks with her girlfriends. I saw a strange phone call and internet searches, and confronted her about it within a couple days. She denied everything and made up a story to justify the phone call. I knew she was lying, but until she admitted something, what was I going to do. Eventually, she did come clean, but is really fuzzy about a lot of the details. Since she was so consistently denying the situation, it seems like she would actually remember the situation better. It's not like I waited ten years to ask about it -- for several year it came up in every conversation we ever had about her infidelity.

I guess my question is, if or when you lie to cover up something, and the question comes up over and over leading to years of repeating the same lie, does that cement the details of what you're actually denying, or is it possible that they get fuzzy like any other years' old event? Thanks for any input.

Is it possible that I actually do have all the truth now? (haha - how naive was I when I wrote that?}

Married 13 years @ D-Day in 2009. Still hanging in there (maybe by a thread sometimes)

posts: 388   ·   registered: Jul. 23rd, 2010   ·   location: Midwest
id 8848440

hikingout ( member #59504) posted at 11:39 PM on Friday, September 13th, 2024

I think some people can convince themselves of a truth. I do think that is possible.

However, I also think intuition is never to be discounted. Something is telling you it’s off. It’s not sitting right for a reason very likely.

7 years of hard work - WS and BS - Reconciled

posts: 7479   ·   registered: Jul. 5th, 2017   ·   location: Arizona
id 8848548

wjbrennan78 ( member #84763) posted at 7:42 PM on Tuesday, September 17th, 2024

Question for FWS's and mainly FWW. My WW expressed last night that she doesn't know how to deal with the shame of our close friends and family knowing. She says it will destroy her and everything she has "accomplished" in life. Is this something that some wayward's cannot overcome. She has mentioned before that sometimes she thinks it would be easier to run away then face the music. I have been hanging out with our friends group that she has been exiled from (mostly because she hasn't returned calls, texts, and offers to talk). It has been bothering her, but I am not going to shun life-long friends - who are my support system, because it makes her uncomfortable. Just looking for some insight or some books that can explain it.

posts: 65   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2024   ·   location: Illinois
id 8848828
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy