Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Covid is making the rounds

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 8:59 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

All four kids tested negative. Yay!!! After 2 weeks off school I'm sure it's safe for them to return. Of course I'm making them wear their masks which is what the protocol for after the isolation period is finished says to do. They hate me but owell.

At least I'll get some damn peace for once!

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8731686

looking forward ( member #25238) posted at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, April 27th, 2022

Hi Drag'n,
Sorry to hear you have all been sick with COVID. It hit my twin sister's family last week....her, her daughter and husband, both granddaughters. All VERY sick! Even lost their senses of taste and smell.
We have a bit of COVID going on around here; a couple of parishioners tested positive last week; but, all in all, patience is what we all need.
I wear my mask everywhere! Even though retail has gone maskless, some employees still wear them; barriers are still up at No Frills, but, at least the one-way aisles are gone! We are keeping masks in church until Pentecost.
I got my 4th Pfizer dose last week and H gets his this afternoon.
Stay safe!
And best wishes for healing to all of you.

~ lf

Together 56 years, Married 51 years. Sober since 2009. "You've always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself." (The Wizard of Oz)

posts: 3614   ·   registered: Aug. 20th, 2009   ·   location: Where a river runs through it
id 8732313

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 12:16 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Hi LF,

I'm sorry your sisters family got it. Hopefully they are getting better.

I still have the taste and smell thing. Everything is off. Chocolate doesn't taste right....Chocolate!!!

Yep I'm back to wearing a mask all the time. I see many people here do as well. I ran into someone who I went to school with. This person was present for the mask protests in Ottawa. He made a remark but I it was just after my isolation period ended so he disnt give me to hard a tine for wearing it.

I'm seeing my parents tomorrow and I'll wear my mask. Not going to risk their health.

Everyone here is doing much better.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8732438

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 1:18 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Glad to hear your tribe is better.
The taste smell thing is quite weird. I was fine throughout my round but later, like 30 days later, I kept smelling cigarette smoke, it didn't matter where I was what I was doing, I would smell, it made me crazy as I HATE that smell.
I went crazy with the netti pot, sinus flush, and gargling with good old Listerine, and brushing my teeth multiple times a day (like 4-5). I finally shook it.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8732450

Superesse ( member #60731) posted at 6:39 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Lingering bad smell after a virus, and you knocked it out with sinus rinses, Tushnurse? Wow, good thing to try.

Do you think it just went away coincidentally or do you suspect there was "something" that just hadn't gotten flushed out? I wonder, because of what I went through: a 2 month "night cough" after my H had a 3 day bout with a severe fever/gastro type flu in late Feb. 2020, just as Covid was coming to our area. 2 weeks after he had that, I started nightly dry coughing. Nothing like I'd ever experienced, so I saw my ENT and he was sure it couldn't be Covid since I was only coughing when horizontal, and they couldn't scope my nose and throat due to restrictions they were under at the time.

By mid-May 2020, I ended up spending 3 nights in the hospital due to severely low sodium/low potassium. The night I'd left the ENT with no diagnosis I decided to treat my annoying symptoms with a cough suppressant, along with my other nightly medications (diuretic, melatonin). Had a bad reaction to whatever. Long story short, the hospital doctor said they never could be sure what had triggered my life-threatening symptom. But the first day they gave me an IV antibiotic and on the last morning there, I coughed up a spot of bright red blood. Doctor said it likely came down from my sinuses and that "probably the antibiotic had knocked it out." (Lot of guessing going on.) After 2 months of spasmodic coughing at night, with zero discharge from the nose or chest, plus I'd had a honking cold sore, then sudden bout with pink eye that I've never had in my life??? What a weird set of "coincidences."

So I can readily believe there might be residual issues after this stuff hits us. Glad to know you got your cigarette smell gone and that it wasn't long-term nerve impairment, like one of my older friends still deals with: she still cannot taste much except salty food.

[This message edited by Superesse at 6:46 PM, Thursday, April 28th]

posts: 2128   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8732513

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 7:09 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Lingering bad smell after a virus, and you knocked it out with sinus rinses, Tushnurse? Wow, good thing to try.

I don't know if it helped or if it was tincture of time, but there are studies that show viral load stays in the sinuses longer than anywhere. So the flushing couldn't hurt, then the gargling, or frequent brushing killed off any bacteria trying to grow a sinus infection.

It was making me bananas.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8732518

Shehawk ( member #68741) posted at 9:01 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Oh Tush. So very sorry that happened to you.

Glad it's gone

"The taste smell thing is quite weird. I was fine throughout my round but later, like 30 days later, I kept smelling cigarette smoke, it didn't matter where I was what I was doing, I would smell, it made me crazy as I HATE that smell."

The rotten nasty smell stuff is the worst. And food tasting like garbage..ugh

Neutral food is helping. Like unflavored protein drink is going down.

And salty and fruit flavor stuff is doing ok so far least I found a few things that don't elicit a bad smell/taste

I have uncontrollable left hip and left back flank pain today. This virus is nasty stuff.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8732539
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy