Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Ex is engaged

Topic is Sleeping.

nekonamida ( member #42956) posted at 5:43 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

Apparently there was no real proposal, he got her a ring and wasnt sure he liked it so he showed it to her. I asked him, well, did she say yes? And he said oh yeah, that's what she's wanted from day 1.

How romantic!

Honestly, they deserve each other especially if there was some involvement happening before you separated. Kind of strange that she wanted to marry him on day 1 in 2017 unless she had a sample to go off of from before but some people really are desperate for marriage no matter who it's to.

posts: 5232   ·   registered: Mar. 31st, 2014   ·   location: United States
id 8566119

JanaGreen (original poster member #29341) posted at 5:51 PM on Friday, July 24th, 2020

His perception that she wanted it from day 1 because he's a prize. Lol

She called me up for advice in January at the urging of her therapist after they broke up. Wanted to know if I'd had the same issues they had. Call ended with her saying she felt more like herself than she had in ages and it was "time to run." This was on a Thursday - Sunday when I went to get my littles from his house she answered the door.

Awkward.

So maybe she hadn't wanted that consistently from day 1 but she keeps getting back on the roller coaster.

posts: 9505   ·   registered: Aug. 17th, 2010   ·   location: Southeast US
id 8566122

SallyShrink81 ( member #50219) posted at 3:38 PM on Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

One of my favorite quotes (that incidentally I saw on here).

When a woman steals another woman's man she might as well steal her shoes too because soon she'll be walking in them.

My ex is still with AP 5 years later. When I've exchanged the kids with her, she's complained here or there about things that I couldn't stand while being married. Now I just smile and nod and think to myself but this is what you wanted. You literally fought for this.

FBS now surviving and thriving
2 kiddos born 2011 & 2014
"If a woman steals your husband, she might as well steal your shoes too, because one day she'll be walking in them." #karma

posts: 909   ·   registered: Nov. 4th, 2015   ·   location: Michigan
id 8570036

ADryHeat ( member #46484) posted at 11:09 AM on Sunday, August 23rd, 2020

I haven’t been on here in a while but insomnia has me up and reading posts.

My ex is engaged to his current partner as well. He started dating her before our divorce was final and that ended quickly. He went immediately from her (C) to another woman (A) who was an absolute nightmare of a human. He and A immediately moved in together and were soon engaged, but ended up breaking up a few months prior to the planned wedding. It was epic and spectacular and involved her taking back the car she had gifted him while he was at work (I think I posted about this when it happened).

Anyhow, within a month of that, x was back with C and moved into her home, and now they are engaged. I’m pretty sure he and C were dating while he was still with A, but whatever, not my problem. I was also disappointed how many of our mutual friends who are really more my friends liked and commented on the engagement post, like you. The only saving grace is that C is kind to my kids and seems to respect my position as their mom, which is the complete opposite of when he was dating A.

It’s ok to feel a way about this. You’re human. It’s also ok to be glad he’s no longer your problem in that way.

[This message edited by ADryHeat at 5:10 AM, August 23rd (Sunday)]

Me: BSMarried 11 years, 2 young kidsDDay 11/3/14, Discovered he was still a fuckwit: 7/10/15 DIVORCED 11/12/2015"Sometimes when you're in a dark place you think you've been buried, but actually you've been planted."

posts: 2396   ·   registered: Jan. 24th, 2015   ·   location: AZ
id 8577679

JanaGreen (original poster member #29341) posted at 3:04 AM on Monday, August 24th, 2020

ADryHeat, thank goodness he ended up with C and not A!

id 8577900

Cooley2here ( member #62939) posted at 5:01 AM on Tuesday, August 25th, 2020

I hope I am not stepping on toes. I don’t get FB. It sounds so high school. Who the hell cares if a zillion friends “like” something? It’s mindless to hit that button. I got on it years ago and can’t get off so I just ignore notifications. If someone wants me I am a phone call, text, or email away. I have no clue what people are posting on FB. I look at dogs, decorating and gardens on Instagram. I never see personal stuff except from relatives. It takes me about one second to unfollow anyone who gets political. Just stay off all that stuff about him, her or any other loony you used to know. They are taking up your valuable time.

When things go wrong, don’t go with them. Elvis

posts: 4325   ·   registered: Mar. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8578623

JanaGreen (original poster member #29341) posted at 5:47 PM on Tuesday, August 25th, 2020

That's very true Cooley, and I do generally keep him "snoozed."

It won't keep me from hearing my daughter go on and on about the wedding though . . . but I just practice smiling and nodding.

id 8578805

siracha ( member #75132) posted at 12:54 AM on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020

Sweet irony that - the fact that they are getting so excited to spend decades of monogamy together .. . no wonder you are feeling nauseated

id 8579061

Cheatee ( member #59284) posted at 11:12 PM on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020

This is good. It lets you detach.

My ex was dating briefly and she chilled way out during that phase. They split (he found out she’s a cheater?) and she’s gone back to being problematic. I can’t wait for her to latch on to someone else!

posts: 870   ·   registered: Jun. 20th, 2017   ·   location: Planet Earth, usually
id 8579525
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy