Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

Off Topic :
How was your weekend?

Topic is Sleeping.

pureheartkit (original poster member #62345) posted at 3:30 PM on Monday, November 28th, 2022

We had an easy visit with my aunt and her grandson. Our seventh grader really likes that 3 year old. That tot is very physical and brave. Seems like going to be an Olympic gymnast or skier or something. No fear whatsoever. We ate the cooked apples I made from the ones mom and I picked. Winesap and Arkansas black with some fresh Meyer lemon juice and spices. Saw my cousin from San Francisco.

I went to see Big Basins redwoods. It's been 2 years since the awful fire. I can't believe how many of the trees survived. They look like Italian cypress. Big tall black poles covered in New green growth. Big bushy growth around the base of the trees. Ranger said 3ven the ferns are coming back. I worried the ground got too hot and killed them all.

Work crews have been busy building new wood fences and trails. The campgrounds are going to be moved and improved and a new visitor center, parking and shuttle will help the trees out by being located farther out. The park got a big addition of some old growth forest that was previously privately owned.

I thought I'd feel very sad to see the burned forest but I was feeling good seeing how much the trees managed to survive and grow new foliage and small plants below making a return. Odd how much sunlight was there now. Im not used to that.

My cousin and I went to memorial park and pescadero creek park near half moon bay. Those redwoods aren't as old but the forest was spared of the fires. Walking in redwoods is like nothing else. The ground is soft and moist. Trees reach up into the sky and slender shafts of sunlight shine through and light up ferns and mossy rocks. I feel at peace always. I wish I could change into a protector spirit and stay and look after it. Hard to leave those woods for home.

Seeing those trees...the ones that lived..the ones that were horribly burned...it gives me hope for us humans. We can heal. We can live in peace.

I felt the Spirit of Thanksgiving strongly this year.

I hope you have some beauty too this holiday.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8767028

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 5:19 PM on Monday, November 28th, 2022

That was beautifully written pureheart. I felt like I was at peace in the woods with those gorgeous trees.

I spent the weekend getting moved back into our house. We had some renovations and repairs done and haven't lived here since the beginning of August. I went out for a bit to do some shopping and support our small businesses on Saturday.

I was sick and have been struggling with lingering fatigue so it was nice to finally get out for a little bit.

Hope everyone is happy and well!!

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8767039

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 9:05 PM on Monday, November 28th, 2022

pureheartkit

That was beautiful. I love being in my forest even without those types of trees.

Being Canadian we already had our Thanksgiving. This was my birthday weekend though.

Both a good and shitty experience I guess. Wh actually went out to buy me gifts and was actually using his brain when he picked them.

The kids drew me pictures and made me origami flowers.

Had a good dinner and huge cake. Next day went to my parents for what was supposed to be a quick visit to avoid them making the trip up to see me. Well my mom insisted I stay for dinner. She did an awesome cake too.

She got me my own purple towel set. 馃挏

Sadly my dad isn't doing well. My mom seems ok although just fed up with my brothers. They were at eachothers throat. The older one takes care of everything my parents need but is being a helicopter carer. He needs to relax a bit. The younger brother moved back to help but doesn't get along with our older brother so they are always clashing. Fun times.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25824   路   registered: May. 10th, 2011   路   location: Canada
id 8767069

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 12:12 AM on Tuesday, November 29th, 2022

It was truly a wonderful weekend. On Thanksgiving we had dinner at my sisters and I made 2 fantastic dishes of brussel sprouts and roasted sweet potatoes sprinkled with just a touch of cinnamon sugar. My 2 nieces were there my great nephew and I got baby O for the day because my son worked nights both Wed and Thursday. So the baby boys got to play together at 4 and 4.5 months. They are so wonderful.
Then yesterday had my son and his gang over his girlfriend and her son and baby O, her nephew and my MIL. Again had a great meal.
I'm proud of myself for not eating things I don't need and for not overeating either meal!

My grandson is about the best baby ever, he truly only fusses when hungry or tired and only gets super upset when you stop feeding to burp.

This coming weekend will be awesome as well as DD becomes a married woman and all the family will be together for a couple of days. My sister got matching outfits for the boys and a side by side stroller for them. Although with all the Grands around I suspect they won't be in it very long!

Life is good in Tush world.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   路   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   路   location: St. Louis
id 8767112

PricklePatch ( member #34041) posted at 7:21 AM on Tuesday, November 29th, 2022

Sounds like a lovely weekend. For all! Our little family had a nice dinner, made by my husband and Son in law aka fianc茅. I directed and cleaned up.

BS Fwh

id 8767159

pureheartkit (original poster member #62345) posted at 4:05 AM on Thursday, December 1st, 2022

Sister wants to take down my glorious fall wreath on the door and put up her Christmas one. I love fall colors. Santa Cruz and San Francisco was full of golden, orange and red trees. Not ready for winter stuff yet.

Thank you everyone for your wisdom and healing.

id 8767432
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy