Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Dealing with symptoms of covid especially total lack of appetite

Topic is Sleeping.

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 9:12 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

So the inevitable happened. I tested flamingly positive for covid.

The state I am in dropped the mask mandate.

I had an important dentist appointment.

I went to church (small congregation and figured C had already made its rounds through there long ago). I got groceries etc. I masked. Was not close to anyone. Hadn't as much as left the house in about 3 weeks.

But as luck would have it I have covid. I have a wicked sore throat. Stuff smells weird. Like my hair conditioner smells aweful sad

Ordinarily I would be an eat when I am hungry and not when I am not person but....

The thought of almost any food makes me feel like getting sick. Also my throat feels like I swallowed ground glass.

My blood pressure was a little low this morning so I made myself drink some lemon, ginger, honey water with a little salt.

My temp is down from 103 to around 99ish.

Any suggestions for foods (to complicate things I have to eat gluten free)?
Can I eat popsicles or do I need to avoid things like sugar?

Any fluid guidelines?

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   路   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   路   location: US
id 8731690

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 9:45 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

I didnt really eat when I was sick with covid. Lost neat 10lbs. Drinking wTer was the only thing I coukd handle and even then made me feels sick to my stomach.

I'm what, 2 weeks our now, maybe 3 I can't remember, and smell is still a bit off. Taste is too but I don't know how to describe it.

I cannot stand ketchup at all.

Everything is muted and dull. Chocolate tastes nasty. Really hoping that comes back cause I want my chocolate icecream.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   路   registered: May. 10th, 2011   路   location: Canada
id 8731700

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 10:07 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

I have not had a coffee or a piece of chocolate in days...the very thought of them is 馃あ

I will just keep drinking water and cranberry juice for now....

id 8731704

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 10:22 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

I got it yesterday. Still ate food today but not too much. And I got heartburn.

Damn I am tired

Standing tall

id 8731711

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 10:51 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

So sorry Tall Girl

Sending positive thoughts your way. Feel better soon!

id 8731719

DragnHeart ( member #32122) posted at 11:35 PM on Sunday, April 24th, 2022

Did either of you get the headache? This was probably the worst head pain I've ever had. Headache, sore throat, chills and Low fever were the main symptoms here except I didn't have a sore throat.

I got extreme upset stomach and fatigue along with the taste and smell stuff.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   路   registered: May. 10th, 2011   路   location: Canada
id 8731724

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 3:43 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

Thank you Shehawk. 馃檪

Is feeling like a bag of shit sound like a symptom?

Low grade fever, low volume headache, sore throat, sneezy, tinny taste for even water, and sore back from lying in bed.

[This message edited by Tallgirl at 12:07 AM, Wednesday, April 27th]

Standing tall

id 8731859

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 5:34 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

If you aren't eating at least try to get some protein shakes down you.
Keeping your nutrition levels decent helps with the fatigue from this virus.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   路   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   路   location: St. Louis
id 8731882

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 9:54 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

Thanks tushnurse,

I was hoping you would post :)

Protein is a great idea. Thanks for the nudge.

I am going to try some high quality protein drink later tonight. I don't want to lose muscle.

I have now gotten some admittedly weird foods down (Thai noodles yesterday and a small portion of chips and salsa...some olives..some chicken bullion today).

I know spicy Thai noodles is no way to break a fast, but they went down and stayed down, so I consider that a win.

And even if salsa is a vegetable, chips are not a rock star diet.

Maybe I could try a Boost or something. I remember from my last jobs that those had a strong smell and flavor..
馃崜 Maybe

I was willing to go with whatever the body would say yes to. It's been saying "no" to a lot of foods I thought I loved like coffee and chocolate laugh

id 8731932

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 9:59 PM on Monday, April 25th, 2022

Do NOT buy Boost or Ensure, get yourself the ones they have for young folks like us that exercise, and want to build muscle. Like Muscle Milk, the one that Fairlife makes or even Pemier Protein. These are much more palatable.

If your snotty or congested use Mucinex. Take good old Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for aches, pains/fever.

Drink drink drink. Run a humidifier in your bedroom if you have one, even a desktop one to be used where ever you are is helpful. This virus dries out the mucous membranes like crazy and that's where the cough comes in. If you are coughing good old robitussin, if that doesn't do it call your Dr and ask for Tessalon Pearles. They are magic.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

id 8731933

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 3:37 PM on Tuesday, April 26th, 2022

Got the humidifier in the bedroom tushnurse thanks!! That feels better. I had it in another room before...

I am going to see about getting some muscle milk. Thanks for the suggestion tushnurse. I am so grateful for the tips1.

I got a small amount of unflavored high quality protein mixed in unflavored soy milk down...tasted neutral thankfully

The parosmia (think I spelled that right) is an absolutely aweful symptom.

My covid housemate was here getting some more of their stuff and moving some of mine etc this past week when I tested positive.

So they are stuck her for a bit. They are still testing negative and feeling great. Might as well enjoy their vacation right lol

I went to eat a slice of the pizza 馃崟馃崟 they cooked for themselves and it was the most aweful taste I had ever tasted (hands down ever and I have travelled to a couple of countries that eat some nasty to me local dishes).

Food is smelling and tasting like rotten garbage.

And the muscle pain has been excruciating.

crying

crying

dragonheart 馃悏 馃挏
I only had a headache really one day so feel lucky about that

Hope everyone else is feeling better!!

id 8732061

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 3:03 AM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Fuck still getting worse. Fill blown strep throat. Fuck.

Standing tall

id 8732405

number4 ( member #62204) posted at 3:32 AM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Oh, that really sucks. I know how bad strep makes me feel, much less having COVID on top of it. It's incredibly painful!

Me: BWHim: WHMarried - 30+ yearsTwo adult daughters1st affair: 2005-20072nd-4th affairs: 2016-2017Many assessments/polygraph: no sex addictionStatus: R

posts: 1358   路   registered: Jan. 10th, 2018   路   location: New England
id 8732409

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 4:35 AM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

It is crazy sore. And to add on top of it all, I am getting a cold sore.

Standing tall

id 8732419

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 9:06 PM on Thursday, April 28th, 2022

Sorry Tall Girl

My throat felt like I chewed on broken glass. It did finally go away tho.

Hope you are better soon.

The hip and back pain are still excruciating for me. I called the chiropractor and they want me to wait to come in for 10 days after I tested positive so that's like next Monday for me.

I am going to see if I can do telemedicine.

id 8732542

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 1:26 AM on Friday, April 29th, 2022

Your back and hips sounds worse Shehawk. Hope you are better soon.

My back is normal again. But the throat, as bad as strep. I tried so hard to not move my throat or swallow but my body would not listen. 馃槂. It is a bit better.

I did make a protein shake today, I was getting light headed. While a bit hungry, no way could I eat. It was really helpful.

The hardest part is you cant sleep, so you can鈥檛 get better. I was up for 3 nights in a row with maybe 15 min snoozes.

Going forward I will mask up when I am out. I want to avoid a repeat. But of course I got it from my kid. wink

Feel better

[This message edited by Tallgirl at 1:27 AM, Friday, April 29th]

Standing tall

id 8732599

Tallgirl ( member #64088) posted at 11:50 AM on Friday, April 29th, 2022

I finally slept. It Is glorious.

And I am feeling better as I can swallow without wincing.

On the mend!

Standing tall

id 8732684

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 6:24 PM on Saturday, April 30th, 2022

Glad you are on the mend Tall Girl!!

id 8732931

Marie2792 ( member #44958) posted at 2:55 AM on Thursday, May 5th, 2022

I tested positive yesterday. Three shots for all of us in the house and my daughter got it last week during a concert at Radio City. I have fibro and chronic migraine so I knew when I did eventually catch this I鈥檇 be in bad shape. The headache was different then the three types I usually get. I am achy and tired but I like with fibro I cannot even get out of bed or stay awake for long. I have a runny nose, dry annoying cough and no appetite.

My daughter tested positive Sunday and she is already on the mend. Dr cleared her to go back to college class and work for today but she was free from both today. She had bad flu like symptoms for two days.

My son lives 65 miles away and he tested positive. He works from home because his office isn鈥檛 back yet. His roommate bartends. Mild symptoms.

It could be worse. I鈥檓 thankful for the vaccines. I don鈥檛 don鈥檛 if this is coincidence or not but my husband and older daughter have not gotten it and they had the Moderna vaccines and booster. Hubby got the second booster two weeks ago. The rest of us who are sick now had the Pfizer series.

Me: BS,48 (41 at dday)Him: WS, 56 (49 at dday)
Married 27 years, together 30
Dday : 9/9/14 3 week PA

posts: 4854   路   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2014   路   location: NYC
id 8733633

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 1:55 PM on Thursday, May 5th, 2022

Again the vax no matter which one you get/got will not prevent infection, it will help make the illness a lot less virulent.

Lots and lots and lots of water. Mucinex for congestion, Robitussin or Tessalon Pearles for cough. Humidify air around you. Netti pot or sinus flush a few times a day.

Rest as much as you can, and wait it out.

I was very concerned how sick I would get with it, due to autoimmune disease, and honestly the ahcyness was not any worse than the day to day I deal with when my RA flares. I missed 2 1/2 days of work, one the day of diagnosis, and one the following day because I had to go get monoclonal antibody infusion. I don't know if the infusion made a difference, but the day after, the tight congestion broke up, and my energy levels improved. If you can get the oral med for it, get it. Call your Dr and ask especially if you have chronic illnesses.

If you aren't eating, and a lot of people don't feel like it, at least get some protein in you scramble some eggs, protein shakes, even clear protein like Gatorade clear protein helps.

id 8733664
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy