Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Divorce/Separation :
You all were right....

Topic is Sleeping.

Notagain1 (original poster new member #78464) posted at 3:17 AM on Tuesday, July 13th, 2021

So I though this process was going to be smooth and easy. I am not sure if I have lost it and have become overdramatic or if I am just at the point where I have realized I can't deal with anymore bull.

He's on girlfriend #2. Yes I know it shouldn't matter, but he is so in love he left the dogs alone for over 15 hours to go spend the night with her while I was out of town and she joined him in our hometown this past weekend for a special occasion to honor the memory of his dad. Keep in mind, its only been 7 months since his dad has passed and 4 months since we seperated, we haven't even told some of our family yet we are divorcing!!

So yes you were all right, I was stupid and I am so filled with rage and hate I could explode!!

id 8675018

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 12:22 PM on Tuesday, July 13th, 2021

Do you attend to Alanon meetings? I think they could really help you. You are so attached to him emotionally. You need to let go. You can't control him. Let him destruct on his own. People see him and who he is. It's not your job to explain it to them.

I realize this is still fresh for you. If you are not getting support from friends and family, go find it at a meeting. The only person you need to take care of is yourself. Forget about him.

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8675067

barcher144 ( member #54935) posted at 1:54 PM on Tuesday, July 13th, 2021

What Bleep said is so spot-on...

Do you attend to Alanon meetings? I think they could really help you. You are so attached to him emotionally. You need to let go. You can't control him.

This might seem like odd advice but it's really very very good. My GF has benefitted tremendously from Alanon (note: she has dated/married alcoholics, almost exclusively, prior to me).

In contrast, I have done a lot of therapy since finding out my xWW's affair.

At the beginning of our relationship, my GF would frequently comment about how I was "doing the 12 steps," which she thought was weird because I had never been to Alanon.

The thing is that dealing with co-dependency issues related to an affair are very similar to the co-dependency issues related to being married to an alcoholic.

So yes you were all right, I was stupid and I am so filled with rage and hate I could explode!!

Seriously: go easy on yourself.

We were all right because we've made the same mistake as you. We made the same mistake as you after people told us the same things that we told you.

This is not easy. You will make the wrong decision often because your emotions get in the way.

Also, be very careful of your anger. As Yoda says, it only leads to the dark side. Going easy on yourself is one way to quash your anger. Letting go of your STBXH and his stupid stuff is another way to quash your anger.

Me: Crap, I'm 50 years old. D-Day: August 30, 2016. Two years of false reconciliation. Divorce final: Feb 1, 2021. Re-married: December 3, 2022.

id 8675079

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 2:39 PM on Tuesday, July 13th, 2021

The thing is that dealing with co-dependency issues related to an affair are very similar to the co-dependency issues related to being married to an alcoholic.

I came to this stark realization in my situation when I realized that what I was doing and how I was feeling about my cheater was nearly identical to my feelings when I was dealing with my alcoholic mother. Was a pretty huge a-ha moment for me.

I'm sorry NA1. I know it's hard when you're still in the thick of it, but I promise it can get better. And that starts with you setting down some hard and healthy boundaries for yourself. Hang in there!

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8675086

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 4:09 AM on Wednesday, July 14th, 2021

Good time to use that venting thread to let loose some of that anger.

Like the others said, you are in good company for making these mistakes— we all did. This stuff is hard.

Also, tell the family. Let them support you.

(((Notagain1)))

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6141   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8675362
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy