Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Not at all sure about the future

Topic is Sleeping.

katmandude54 (original poster member #35992) posted at 1:12 PM on Friday, January 1st, 2021

Since my STBXW abdicated her throne and walked out of our (me, three kids at home, one out on her own) family, I have not tried to re-engage, especially since I am STILL legally and in the eyes of God, married. Yes, I went on two "DATES" with two separate people that were more like chat fests. I focused more on the three kids she left, two of which (now 15 and 25) still live with me. That I didn't (OR COULDN'T) file until this past August kind of put me in an on-hold position.

But, there's sill clouds on the horizon, despite the impending divorce resolution.

Shortly after she left me in 2016 I found I had cancer. Hours of testing, scoping, radiation and meds and it's in remission. But it left scars, ones guys don't really care to talk about (them blue thingys didn't work for me). Which means at my age (6 1/2 bells) I don't know if I care to or want to date once this is over. Maybe just get my youngest through HS and my other "launched" and then find a quiet little rental somewhere, retire, and then just read the rest of my life away.

No, these past 20 years (since before she left) have not been easy. She had SIX affairs (she' living with her last one, a still-married man with whom they celebrated Xmas WITH his still-wife and kids, geez), the cancer, my mom dying in 2015, one of our kids killed in 2016, losing our former family home in 2019 to foreclosure, and those are the highlights! lol. Anyway (Yes, I've been to counseling and it helped), I'm still working, keeping house, raising my kids, yadda, yadda, yadda. Just waiting for this marriage to legally be over but not so I can re-engage with someone else. My feeling is that after this, it's just a solo trip.

If at first you don't succeed, you're probably screwed.

posts: 166   ·   registered: Jul. 1st, 2012   ·   location: FLORIDA
id 8621207

Thanksgiving2016 ( member #63462) posted at 4:16 PM on Friday, January 1st, 2021

Focus and you and your happiness. The rest will take car of itself. Leave the door open and whatever happens happens. If you make yourself happy it won't matter if it's alone or with another person.

id 8621231

Anna123 ( member #70908) posted at 8:32 PM on Friday, January 1st, 2021

That sounds like a good plan, except just like Thanksgiving said, you don't have to plan now whether to stay single or pair up at some point in the future if you are so inclined. The pressure society to decide is quite strong I have discovered! I find that embracing my singledom has made me confident I can go either way. (but prefer single for now). It is an adventure for sure.

Take care and good luck. You will be an in demand person if you ever decide to venture out.

posts: 680   ·   registered: Jul. 1st, 2019   ·   location: USA
id 8621302

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 9:20 PM on Friday, January 1st, 2021

I like your plan. You just never know what the future holds.

My sibling was widowed kind of young (early 50s). Tons if dating opportunities but deemed nut jobs - too many issues. A few were ready to settle down after the third date. Anyway became friends with a single co-worker and now very happy.

Yiu just don’t know. Never rule anything out.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8621315

Mancunianforlife ( member #60258) posted at 9:26 PM on Saturday, January 9th, 2021

After, in your words "6 1/2 bells", there is no future. Now its time for a long or short wait for that long dirt nap.

You tried to lead a "moral", "honorable" existence. To put it nicely, your return on investment is negative.

At your age, ts time to embrace religion and pray for Salvation. Pray for an easy passing. Pray that you pass away when your limbs are fully functional. You don't want to live on someone's help. Pray that someone is there on your last day on the realm of the living (thats precious). PRAY!!!

Nothing more can be done now.

id 8623384

HFSSC ( member #33338) posted at 12:23 AM on Sunday, January 10th, 2021

What the actual fuck???

Me, 56
Him, 48 (JMSSC)
Married 26 years. Reconciled.

posts: 4962   ·   registered: Sep. 12th, 2011   ·   location: South Carolina
id 8623418
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy