Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Creating new memories

Topic is Sleeping.

Phoenix1 (original poster member #38928) posted at 2:42 AM on Monday, December 14th, 2020

* Posting as a member*

I've posted often over the years about how important creating new memories has been for me. This has usually involved traveling to previously tainted locations to create a new, happy memory in order to reclaim that particular trip and/or location.

However, I was recently presented with one such opportunity and I had to put my foot down with an absolute no. Allow me to explain.

My oldest DD's BFF is currently visiting from our old state. I've known her since the girls went to preschool together. As is typical, I demanded that I get to visit with her at least once while she is here. So, we planned to meet up for dinner.

To fill in more background, BFF's mother was one of Xhole's OW. They hooked up and started their sordid A while planning a joint Sweet 16 birthday pool party for the girls. I had moved to our new state (job opportunity suddenly came up), and Xhole stayed behind with the kids so they could finish the school year and DD could have her birthday party. Alas, when the cat's away, the dirty, immoral mouse will play.

Fast forward to our dinner. We started talking about both of them turning 30 next year (and how old they were making me feel), and DD had this brilliant idea to have a "do-over" of their Sweet 16 party, since the memories are tainted with the A (which they both fully know about, hence the tainted memories for them). BFF jumped on board and thought it was a great idea to reclaim the memory. I was about to jump in with encouragement, until she said it.

Keep in mind we talk very openly, and joke about everything (including the A) so this was intended purely as a joke.

BFF said that since this party would be all about a "do-over," this time instead of her mother and DD's father hooking up, it should be me and BFF's father hooking up to even the score, and she would call her dad (he's divorced, too) and get him on board!

Oh, the two of them cackled and howled at their cleverness! I told them (all part of the good humor) if they didn't stop I was going to reach over the table and swat them upside their heads.

Then I had to lay down boundaries and told them that I would do just about anything for either, but banging her father for the sake of recreating memories was not an option.

Seriously, it was funnier than hell and the three of us were dying from laughter.

But that's when I learned there were limits to what I will do to reclaim memories. Kids...

fBS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Adult Kids
Happily divorced!

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. ~C.S. Lewis~

posts: 9059   ·   registered: Apr. 9th, 2013   ·   location: Land of Indifference
id 8616389

thebighurt ( member #34722) posted at 3:47 AM on Monday, December 14th, 2020

It's great that you call talk so openly with them, Phoenix1. Leave it to kids to come up with that plan. Ok, so did a party happen to reclaim the event? One other than as they planned it, that is.

My DS and W brought up a situation from my past with xpos several years ago in response to something I had told them. I held my breath a second because I had not been able to mention many subjects or situations to my kids due to the actions of xpos. (Many things he spoiled are still taboo to all of them.) But they both laughed loudly and looked at me. That told me that at least that topic was no longer forbidden, but was really now okay to talk and even laugh about and I joined them laughing heartily and appreciated them for that moment.

Finding what life could have been....... Why didn't I see it?

posts: 5033   ·   registered: Feb. 3rd, 2012   ·   location: the Other Side
id 8616391

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 1:35 PM on Monday, December 14th, 2020

Well now hold on a minute, Phoenix. This man is single. I'm guessing you are still single as well. Let's think about this. Placing revenge aside, as I know that's not how you roll, is this man cute?

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8616432

newlife03 ( member #56527) posted at 4:48 PM on Tuesday, December 15th, 2020

Placing revenge aside, as I know that's not how you roll, is this man cute?

I was wondering that too...if it's not revenge and he's worth pursuing, why not? Unless you think being with him will always be a reminder of your past, then it won't work. Unless you can put all that aside and have a little fun!

Me - 50
Kids 25, 22, 18
1st DDay in 2006, 2nd in 2007
D in 2009
Happily Committed to SO since 2011

posts: 657   ·   registered: Dec. 22nd, 2016   ·   location: ID
id 8616798

Phoenix1 (original poster member #38928) posted at 7:28 PM on Tuesday, December 15th, 2020

Well, for starters, he's thousands of miles away!! Additionally, mice guy but totally not my type. 😊

fBS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Adult Kids
Happily divorced!

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. ~C.S. Lewis~

posts: 9059   ·   registered: Apr. 9th, 2013   ·   location: Land of Indifference
id 8616869

BrokenheartedUK ( member #43520) posted at 11:13 PM on Wednesday, December 16th, 2020

That's hilarious. My kids and I are exactly the same about being open and the dark humor that follows.

Me: BS
He cheated and then lied. Apparently cheaters lie. Huh. 13 months of false R. Divorced! 8/16 3 teenage kids
"The barn's burnt down
Now
I can see the moon"
-Mizuta Masahide

id 8617219
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy