Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Thanksgiving Yuckiness

Topic is Sleeping.

Fablegirl (original poster member #56784) posted at 7:46 PM on Thursday, November 12th, 2020

Thanksgiving is a triggering time for me even though I am more than a year out from divorce and 4 years out from D day. Still, XWH's affair with OW started when I invited her to our home on Thanksgiving and I believe they started sleeping together the following December. This year MIL (with whom I remain close) told me that XWH and OW are driving her up in an RV to BIL and family's home. It's hard not to feel violated about that. I have done well post-divorce and, I know it sounds strange, feel like I "won." I have been promoted to a leadership post at my work, took some great trips before COVID struck, and DD is happy and ready to graduate HS, I am looking for a place to live after I move off the family property (per the marital settlement I live for free on the family property until DD graduates).

Still, it's hard to let go of the family I married into and the property that I have called home for 25 years. Family is the last shred of married life I guess I cling to. I watched my daughter's counsins grow up and they still consider me their Aunt. It feels like once OW steps into their house and sits at their table, my history is erased the damage she did to me and my daughter -- the lying, the manipulation of befriending us while sleeping with my husband-- is excused.

Nevermind that traveling to another state for a family gathering is a terrible idea because of COVID and MIL is in her eighties. MIL has misgivings about going but says XWH has been insistent (which shows what an ass he is).

Even though being on the RV with XWH is the last place on earth I would want to be (I hated going most places with him during the latter years of our marriage because he threw so many tantrums), it still hurts that she is going there as a guest in BIL's home. She will sit there with her false eyelashes, lacquered talons and stilettos and pretend she is not a morally bankrupt narcissist who broke up a family.

There I vented.

posts: 248   ·   registered: Jan. 9th, 2017   ·   location: Mid Atlantic
id 8608345

Chili ( member #35503) posted at 8:28 PM on Thursday, November 12th, 2020

And it was a damn good vent. (although a bit restrained on the snarky side).

Thanksgiving and OW just don't belong together. Fakey fake fantasy and pretending don't pair nicely with turkey dinner and established families.

I know it's yucky - but you have indeed won because you have emerged with character and strength and a genuine history with these people. They know what time of day it is, but you know - biological family. It's obvious though that they recognize your genuine spirit - they are still wanting to be connected to you.

They may allow her to sit at their table because of your Ex, but that doesn't mean they don't have big old boundaries ready and waiting.

Hope you'll spoil yourself and DD on Thanksgiving this year - make a new random Covid-moment celebration.

(P.S: what's with our Exes ruining travel with tantrums and fights and such? Because we were taking them away from schmoopie land? It got so I hated traveling with assclown as well. Absolutely made what could have been amazing experiences into total shit)

2012 pretty much sucked.
Things no longer suck.
Took off flying solo with the co-pilot chili dog.
"Life teaches you how to live it if you live long enough" - Tony Bennett

posts: 2235   ·   registered: May. 2nd, 2012   ·   location: Reality
id 8608365

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 12:46 AM on Friday, November 13th, 2020

They may be polite and invite her in order to see your XH.

Doesn’t mean they like her. Tolerate her maybe. Like? Who knows.

And BTW doesn’t mean he is happy either. It could be fake (like her) as well.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8608503

allusions ( member #25376) posted at 1:42 AM on Friday, November 13th, 2020

I watched my daughter's counsins grow up and they still consider me their Aunt.

As the mother of their cousin you are still an Aunt. Divorce doesn't change that.

You can apologize over and over, but if your actions don't change, your words become meaningless.

Behind every crazy bitch is a sweet girl who just got tired of being lied to.

I've found the key to happiness: Stay away from assholes.

posts: 1979   ·   registered: Sep. 1st, 2009   ·   location: California Central Coast
id 8608518

Fablegirl (original poster member #56784) posted at 10:53 PM on Friday, November 13th, 2020

Thank you everyone for that wisdom. It helps enormously. I really appreciate the perspective that nothing erases our history. It's still who we are -- the bonds we made, the people we loved, it's all the sum of us.

posts: 248   ·   registered: Jan. 9th, 2017   ·   location: Mid Atlantic
id 8608936
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy