My fear of D kept me in a toxic marriage too long.
I left/ separated in Sept. 2020 and currently in D (should be done soon)
Life has been spectacular since leaving.
1. I no longer have to fear him coming home or his moods. No more walking on eggshells.
2. Don't have to listen to his boring conversations about himself anymore.
3. Don't have to worry about catching an STD.
4. Life is peaceful now. My mental health improved 100% and so did my physical health.
5. I am no longer clinically depressed. No more suicidal thoughts.
6. I don't get angry or have constant feelings of rage.
7. I can rest whenever I want without being criticized about being lazy.
8. I can watch whatever I want on TV for however I want and won't be criticized for what I am watching.
9. No more obligatory sex with someone I loathed.
10. I am able to save money now.
11. Can visit my friends without a guilt trip from him.
12. Can visit my family without a guilt trip from him.
13. I can make as much noise as I want now getting ready for work in the morning not having to hear him mumble.
14. No more fights and circular arguments.
15. Can go to bed early if I want to.
16. Don't have to worry about where he is (who he's with) late at night anymore.
17. Not having to wonder if women he is friendly with is an AP.
18. I don't have to hear his unwanted opinion or criticism anymore.
19.No more ups and downs and crying all the time because he is not empathetic.
20. And finally I was able to meet someone so much better than him in every way. Who brings light and love to my life and am the happiest I have EVER been in my life.