Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: BShopQuartet

Divorce/Separation :
Who here finally divorced after 22 years in Limbo?

Superesse (original poster member #60731) posted at 7:33 AM on Friday, October 18th, 2024

If Iies and infidelity were truly dealbreakers for you from D-Day, yet you kept weighing the pros and cons of giving the WS time to make amends - as they swore they wanted to do, even while you refused to "condone" the adultery and withdrew to IHS limbo - but for reasons of compassion, convenience or any other reason, you watched to see what they would do to fix what they broke and they never looked inside themselves nor stopped withholding important information from you (like where money is spent)...we would have something in common!

I just cannot believe anyone else here (besides me) burned up 22 years never seeing their WS "doing the work" on themselves or the "M," but their WS also never complained about the imposed IHS that actually sucks. Huge mistake to distance incrementally. I am so tired. I feel old and really am old now, so buried under mountains of stuff, getting rather hopeless after I made a strong post nup 10 years ago that he agreed to because he didn't want to be "Divorced," so since then, I own this place and WS has been "rooming" like a family member with no place else to go. In exchange for him deeding me this place, I deeded him my old house. Years later, after he refused to move into it, he and I fixed it up and he sold it for top dollar in 2020. By now, he has spent much of his proceeds on trucks and who knows what else; none of my concern. He has it pretty good here, other than zero intimacy, physical or almost any other kind of true sharing or openness, and this set-up seems to suit him just fine. It sucks for me.

Yesterday, I just got told I have a potentially fatal cardiac problem and today, WS dumps the news that he has been pulling out of his remaining savings to pay bills. How kind and considerate. I only learned this when I saw 3 overdraft emails from our only joint bank account. That has always been how I have discovered his problems. He hides things like that until I get a sense there is a problem, or I get hit with a piece of paper informing me. Deja Vu, triggers I didn't need right now. (I knew his cash flow has been slower this year, yet he elected not to tell me about this. Like he thinks as since I never use the account, it isn't my business. The 3 charges were due to a small monthly charge for his dental care that came in every day for 3 days.) It's just a microcosm of the withholding lies he has never learned are poisonous to trust building.

Then today, he tells me how he is starting to lose his motivation to hustle the jobs he has! (He could retire on full SS benefits in 2 months from now, but he is too proud to plan to retire, he'd rather spend down his savings to keep the appearance of the successful business, even though he is using my barn and shop to run his business with - for FREE. I think he thinks when his savings are gone, I will be guilted into letting him stay in the spare bedroom indefinitely!) Sigh...I don't even want to deal with his b.s. at this point, I need to take care of my own life! Maybe he plans to hang out here until I die; how sweet it will be, he could replace me with a newer model and everybody would be happy for him.

At my age, these aren't wild and crazy speculations....there are no children or other family to leave this place to. I wanted to stay here, but not living with him like this!

OK I guess there is little anybody can gain from this gloomy post, except "don't let your story end like this." I am just asking the universe if anybody whose life was as deeply sunk into Limbo Land as mine is, ever managed to finally get their WS out of their life? If so, how did you do it, gently and gradually - or drastically and painfully? I'm not up for another major upheaval in a lifetime of bombs going off. I could put on my bitch boots and have him served eviction papers. Does it have to go like that?

Thanks for reading and please tell if you can relate!

posts: 2155   ·   registered: Sep. 22nd, 2017   ·   location: Washington D C area
id 8851380
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy