Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

New Beginnings :
Hooking up

Topic is Sleeping.

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 4:25 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

No one should have casual Sexual encounters incase the person is cheating.

Don't compute sorry.

That isn't just about casual sexual encounters either. That's "no one should date because lots of cheaters are on dating sites". That one time I became an OW was on a "date" date.

[This message edited by DevastatedDee at 10:25 AM, July 7th (Wednesday)]

DDay: 06/07/2017
MH - RA on DDay.
Divorced a serial cheater (prostitutes and lord only knows who and what else).

id 8673112

puffstuff (original poster member #70814) posted at 4:33 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

You get to a point when you just don't bother.

One woman who invited me around after a video call and loads of texts, and she had another house mate so felt safe, opened the door and within seconds said "well this is exciting" and damn it felt like yes the most exciting thing on the planet pmsl because we were both attracted to each other. And thus the sexual act began, incidentally after many hours of chatting and connecting, but it was there in the background iyswim. Hot! . What a rush, for her to open the door and say that. Lol, I sound like a sad creep but I don't care.

[This message edited by puffstuff at 10:35 AM, July 7th (Wednesday)]

id 8673114

puffstuff (original poster member #70814) posted at 4:43 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

I know the shame around this stuff, and the risks, are higher for women. But it's also there for men. "your shallow", "selfish, immature, can't connect to people" "pervert, use women for sex" "creep" "objectify women for your own needs".

So thus you have millions of men at at war with their own desires. Perpetual nice guys.

But what is sexual energy anyway? Feel it, enquire into it. Its actually one of the most beautiful things manifesting within your body. It's a yearning for union. It's often entirely selfish, but so are a lot of strange, beautiful human energies. But yes, let's call each creeps and whores and don't even batter your eyelids until the third date!

There's a balance that's often missed. Of course it's no use just being an eternal pwrter pan trying to have sex with every attractive person he sees. But jesus 5hats no excuse to not enquire into one's own sexual feelings, needs, and wants, and of course ethics around such stuff.

[This message edited by puffstuff at 10:44 AM, July 7th (Wednesday)]

id 8673117

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 5:15 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

Lol, I sound like a sad creep but I don't care.

You don't, though. You sound like someone who has had a really great time discovering yourself and exploring your sexuality. It's extremely freeing to drop the games and the rituals and just be real for a time.

MH - RA on DDay.

id 8673125

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 6:48 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

The flirting, the tension,

Tension, so soon? If it's a quick one and done hookup, when is there time for tension to build? Unless one is like my stbx and constantly walking around in a state of tension, and any old hole will do. (I don't believe this is the case with you puffstuff).

the honesty about "feeling lonely", "just wanting company". It's transactional but the transaction itself opens up huge areas of energy and connection.

This doesn't compute with me. Can something that is so transactional make you feel less lonely? And are the areas of connection really so huge? When you're never going to see or talk to this person again? I think this is why some people end up feeling empty afterwards. (Not you, obviously, puffstuff). And it seems this is a temporary state for you, and you've already said you are moving past it.

I think someone mentioned a fear of real connection? Real intimacy? After what we have all been through, I can absolutely see the appeal of casual sex. I have some pretty powerful hormones, though. And I tend to bond with men I sleep with... Oxytocin and all that. Sometimes I wish this could work for me, but I just know I'm not wired that way.

[This message edited by WhoTheBleep at 12:52 PM, July 7th (Wednesday)]

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8673158

puffstuff (original poster member #70814) posted at 7:10 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

who the bleep. it's all in the nature of a hook up and how they tend to pattern out from the moment of matching.

it goes somethign like this: on my profile i roundabout say that is all i want. i match wtih say 10 girls a weekend. 7 of them don't want that so they unmatch or usually say "oh, i didn't read your profile, but good luck!". but one is bored and it does fit her needs at that moment in time. so i normally message nad they will say something like "i am in a similar situation. recently divorced. can't be arsed with men at the moment." or "hi, similar situation, i am seperated, going through divorce, but could use some company now and then". so we meet. we go to a bar. or they invite me round after more chatting either on the phone or on text. and if there is a connection, sex will follow. so there's a lead in. it's not just turn up and screw. i couldn't do that! ever! no matter how nice the woman. so it's like a date but because you have both seen what each other are after, sex becomes a very real outcome.not always, but often. simple as that. so you can have incredibly flirty, connected, meaningful nights. it's not just a shallow exchange of bodily fluid. but neither of you are in a position to start a relationship so you're kinda of "having a relationship for one night".

Thanks Dee! We definitely should hook up :D lol pmsl

Here’s the thing. I got betrayed horrifically. Horrifically. Largely remorseless. He was taller, bigger (the male equivalent of the leggy blonde with big boobs). I pictured her wrapped up in his stronger, bigger arms – I am saying this because this was at the root of the sexual trauma that came with betrayel. The reducing of my own sexuality to a laughing stock. For a year I couldn’t even think about women. I could barely even think straight.

But after a year, after a year of meditation, journaling, therapy. I returned to baseline, roughly, in a roundabout way – I thought of it less and less. I felt I had a handle on what went wrong in the marriage, what I did wrong, what she did wrong. I had largely forgiven her – but only in a sense that I wished her no harm, that I wished her in fact happiness, I am not sure if that is true forgiveness, but it feels enough, for now. This was largely because she respected my boundaries after DD and gave me space, no small talk, we are coparents, no more no less. We have barely spoke a word other than kids and finance in two years. I asked for this, a week after leaving. She respected it. And it has helped me incredibly.

So after a year I started to get the hots for people again. A couple of times a day I would have the usual being spell bound by a woman’s beauty, could be a girl on the train, could be someone I pass at work. The usual pang of the heart and whispers of lust. Seeing the way their hair fell, the shape of the hips, lol – that tunnel vision that is part of the male mind etc.

But I was only a year out. And I knew deep deep within that not giving myself at least another year of having only myself to think about, and to still deal with the very real fragments of trauma I carried would be cutting myself short – simply put, I would be miserable in a relationship and it wouldn’t be fair to the other, at all.

So, there I was, on one hand wanting to be single, on the other getting my “mojo” back.

A trap!

So I talked it through with my therapist and mainly women friends at work (not sure why, but I have found it easier talking to them about this stuff, at least initially. I think they were more open to it, would ask more questions about it, would actually pull up a chair and listen). And all agreed, therapist, friends, that I needed to “keep things casual” if I was to enter the dating world again. I didn’t have a fucking clue. Didn’t know where to start with that. But I remembered how a lot of Zen Buddhists (a practice I am very familiar) say to go with desire, to run with it as much as possible, to have no OPPOSITION to it. To allow it into awareness, not necessarily act on it of course, but to bring it fully into consciousness and explore it. The idea in the end is integration. The shadow has light cast over it. You accept a part of yourself that is normally cut off, denied, argued with, or felt shame about.

So that’s what I did, and I think this was what my therapist meant when she initially advised on my profile. She saw, i think looking back, though didn't say it outright, that a few years of celibacy and “self control” was perhaps the last thing someone who had been so horrifically betrayed needed.

So I decided after signing up on the apps to be absolutely honest. My first message was ALWAYS “free tonight?” nothing else. Not even hi! I wanted to follow my own sexuality, and for it not to be tied up in the idea of second dates, or texting “how was your day” the next day, but to just allow the sexual energy that had been so brutally belittled to find its way into concviousness with no opposition. No “nice guy” veneer.

so the implicit dynamic was Lets met up, if we connect, lets have sex. And to my amazement, like some weird law of attraction, I was meeting women who just wanted the same. I treated the dates as a play of sexual energy, instead of a play of “this could be my next girlfriend”. Profound and some of the hottest experiences of my life. i mean really totally and utterly awash with sexual hotness, from start to finish, wiht the sex itself only being a small part of it.

Sorry for ranting about this. It has felt like a dirty little secret for a while, a 40 year old man with 2 kids (i have them half hte week) driving across London at 2am to fulfil his needs. I don’t talk about it to anyone other than a few mates. So SI has been a nice space for me to explore what happened. And I do feel far better integrated sexually. There is nothing quite like desiring and being desired, especially after what I have been through. Nothing quite like getting to know a stranger you fancy the pants off , have connected with, and knowing there's a very real change that you’re both there to let yourselves go in a few hours time. Even for just one night.

I am actually taking a break from “dating” and hookups for a while because I just want to be man about town for a while. If I meet a nice gal along the way and fall madly in love, so be it. There’s no rush after 9 years of marriage and the brutality of betrayal.

certainly not for everyone. certainly a mindfield of boundaries and being safe (even for a man - catfishing, crazy folk, robbery etc), but i certainly feel it's been overall positive and if i am between relationships again, it's something i would be open too.

i sound obsessed. i am not. it's been nice. its been nice writing about it. good luck everyone.

[This message edited by puffstuff at 1:22 PM, July 7th (Wednesday)]

id 8673164

WhoTheBleep ( member #49504) posted at 7:26 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to explain it so clearly, puffstuff. It's obvious you've thought it through. I understand why it works/worked for you.

I also like that you are drifting away from it, but know you are still not looking for a relationship. You aren't afraid of your own company. You are content flying solo. Nothing is healthier than that. You've been through hell. I wish you the best. 😊

I believe we have two lives: the one we learn with, and the one we live with after that. --The Natural

posts: 4523   ·   registered: Sep. 6th, 2015   ·   location: USA
id 8673170

puffstuff (original poster member #70814) posted at 7:46 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

ha, thanks who the bleep.

thing is, so comfortable that i am becoming scared of being together with someone!

the whole of life is a trap, can't win sometimes! scared with, scared without. i guess just being open to any outcome frees us from either/or

i know when i will know though - i will fall madly in love one day and hopefully this time it'll work out different

id 8673178

DevastatedDee ( member #59873) posted at 8:03 PM on Wednesday, July 7th, 2021

I can relate so much to what you wrote, puffstuff. I've had those periods of time in my life when I just wasn't in a place for a relationship and it has always been healthy for me. There's something genuinely wonderful about embracing your sexual power for what it is without games and entanglements.

thing is, so comfortable that i am becoming scared of being together with someone!

I'm afraid a new person would fuck up my equilibrium! Every time I meet some guy at the animal shelter on weekends and we get flirty, I'm torn between "would be neat if he comes back" and "oh please don't come back and ask me out, my life is pretty stable right now". I figure if I do meet someone, it will be there because I work from home all the rest of the time. So I meet new people when I smell like dogs and don't look my best. I suspect I don't have too much dating to worry about anytime soon, ha ha ha.

MH - RA on DDay.

id 8673184

million pieces ( member #27539) posted at 2:03 AM on Thursday, July 8th, 2021

I have a recently divorce friend who is doing this right now. And she had married her first/only sexual partner, so she was not like that in her younger years. But at 50, she is having the time of her life and has met some really nice/funny guys. But she is really only open with a few friends what she is doing because she's had a few friends openly judge her. So who knows what she would say on a survey

I *tried* to hook up after I was separated/divorce but I wasn't confident enough at 38. I would TOTALLY do it now

And yes, I became a brief OW NOT through a dating app, but meeting in real life. People lie on any platform.

Me - 52 D-Day 2/5/10, separated 3 wks later, Divorced 11/15/11!!!!

posts: 2040   ·   registered: Feb. 10th, 2010   ·   location: MD
id 8673347

Justsomeguy ( member #65583) posted at 5:40 PM on Monday, July 12th, 2021

I hooked up once right after I separated. It was way too soon for me and I regret it. I'm just not wired for hookups. Maybe that's my issue. Who knows. Plus, with my career, I need to be careful in this town. I remember once when I was at a bar, a woman was working me pretty hard, suggesting the FWB thing. I of course politely declined, only to discover later that I taught her son. She never did show to parent/teacher night....

But in all seriousness, if I do choose to date again, I'm hoping my next relationship will be my last. I must admit though, the attention from women is very validating, especially considering that my STBXWW made every effort to run me down. Most, but not all, of this behavior was while she was in the thick of her A and seeking to dehumanize me as a justification for her behavior. So it came as quite a shock when a woman called me attractive for the first time.

Given all of this, I do miss intimacy and wouldnt mind to once again experience it.

I'm an oulier in my positions.

Me:55 STBXWW:55 DD#1: false confession of EA Dec. 2016. False R for a year.DD#2: confessed to year long PA Dec. 2 2017 (was about to be outed)Called it off and filed. Denied having an affair in court papers.

Divorced 20

posts: 1849   ·   registered: Jul. 25th, 2018   ·   location: Canada
id 8674823

cdagal ( member #38154) posted at 2:10 AM on Tuesday, July 13th, 2021

This thread has been fascinating. I grew up in the seventies (i’ll be 62 next month) the decade that saw female empowerment start to really make some inroads. Unfortunately, it was also the decade when women were being twisted like a pretzel. Sex was there to enjoy but make sure that you you waited the appropriate amount of time because no man worth marrying wants a slut. So what did we all do? Dutifully kept our legs closed until the requisite number of dates had passed lest we not be “respected”. Then of course, marriage, kids, mortgage. That’s what society deemed appropriate for women (and men) I never intended to get married. Ever. But comments and expectations, subtle and not so subtle, wore me down. I went through the paces, did everything that was expected of me (failure to do so would cast me as a spinster - oh, the horror. )

I’m 10 years divorced and am having the time of my life. I sleep with whom i want to sleep. It may be once, it may be more but every encounter has been wonderful, freeing and yes, emotionally connected. I refuse to live by anyone’s standards but my own. Hell, you have one kick at the can and i live by two codes - never intentionally hurt another human being and never do something simply because it’s “expected”.

There is no education like adversity - Disraeli

posts: 274   ·   registered: Jan. 16th, 2013   ·   location: Canada
id 8675007

puffstuff (original poster member #70814) posted at 12:14 PM on Thursday, July 15th, 2021

Argument can be made that "waiting for sex " is perhaps not always the best route because by the time you have arrived there, youre already attached or attaching.

id 8675743
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy