Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Royal Family shenanigans at the Queens' Jubilee.

Topic is Sleeping.

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 7:00 PM on Thursday, June 9th, 2022

Perhaps being an American, and being from a broken home had something to do with the issues regarding Megan, but I don’t think her race can be ignored.

True, I should have included that as that is another facet of her outsiderness. Part of the reason I didn't is I don't personally see Megan as black over white. My wife is just as dark skinned as Megan is and Megan's hair is straighter than my wifes. FWIW My wife has always identified as white, though she can pass for white, black, or hispanic. Being adopted it was only a couple of years back that she found out her genetics are Scilian and Italian. Up until then it was still a distinct possibility that she had a black father.

We had a speaker come in due to a police shooting within our university. One of the lines that stuck out was his opening statement that the openly racist aren't so much the problem. They are stupid and out themselves. It's those others with hidden or unconscious bias that do the most damage to equality. For all the grief that americans receive from around the world about racism, I actually beleive we don't do equality as poorly as our reputation. UK, with it's 86% white populace, has a lot of unaddressed unconscious bias. It's easy to dismiss that bias until you have them in your social circles. God knows royalty there was still lilly white until Harry's marriage.

[This message edited by grubs at 11:36 PM, Thursday, June 9th]

id 8739378

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 9:46 PM on Thursday, June 9th, 2022

I have started a new topic in GENERAL.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8739408
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy