Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

General :
Stupid Dream

Topic is Sleeping.

Webbit (original poster member #84517) posted at 11:50 AM on Monday, July 1st, 2024

Last night I had a dream where I ran into the AP. In the dream she tried to apologise to me.

Stupid fucking dream - she didn’t give a fuck that she was screwing a married man and I know that for a fact.

Why did I have to dream this??? Had the shittiest day because of this. WH is away for work at the moment, probably lucky or I’d have taken it out on him!

Webbit

posts: 132   ·   registered: Feb. 22nd, 2024   ·   location: Australia
id 8841251

Finallyworkingonme ( new member #84043) posted at 4:46 PM on Monday, July 1st, 2024

Ugh, I’m sorry you had this dream. Although they don’t happen often, there dreams got me hard, and I have to really be intentional to minimize the effect on my day. I also understand the statement about taking it out on UH. So no idea why it happens, just want you to know you are not alone.

Me- mid 40’s - BS Him- mid 40’s- WH
Married 6/2000

4 1/2 month EA/PA. D-Day 4/4/2023

posts: 12   ·   registered: Oct. 24th, 2023   ·   location: USA
id 8841265

Chaos ( member #61031) posted at 8:30 PM on Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024

Dreams about LTAP have come and gone with varying intensity since DDay1 in 2017.

I've never gotten an apology from her in dreams (or in real life for that matter). It either she is everywhere I am or is trying to kill me.

There are nights I feel like Nightmare on Elm Street. I can't stay awake and I know the dreams will come.

I have many sleepless nights still.

BS-me/WH-4.5yrLTA Married 2+ decades - Children (1 still at home) Multiple DDays w/same AP until I told OBS 2018 Cease & Desist sent spring 2021"Hello–My name is Chaos–You f***ed my husband-Prepare to Die!"

posts: 3839   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2017   ·   location: East coast
id 8841365

Fracturedfool ( new member #84734) posted at 10:56 AM on Saturday, July 6th, 2024

I hate the damned nightmares that come to me. Mine are mostly about WH mocking me telling me he is leaving to be with the one he really loves, then turning his back on me and walking away while I plead with him. I wake up nearly hysterical and crying. I hate going to sleep most nights, which is why I’m on SI at 3:45 am tonight. Got a hold of his phone (he hides it in the garage at night now). What a surprise-he’s deleted all conversations from AP and also not surprising has left texts between him and his POS sister but deleted any ones that mention me or AP. I know this for a fact as often I will see POS has sent him 25 texts but I see only 5 left. This is no doubt for my benefit but he’s too stupid to know I look at the cell phone account daily. No wonder I have nightmares living with a cheating cowardly liar.

Me BS 70 WH 72 M 42 yrs Together 52 yrs D days 1976-1979 New D day Jan 1 2023

Should have believed what he was the first time

posts: 13   ·   registered: Apr. 14th, 2024   ·   location: Canadian Prairies
id 8841706

BOAZ367 ( member #82836) posted at 1:28 PM on Saturday, July 6th, 2024

The dreams are awfull. The days and months following my WW's confession, sleepless nights were the norm. Mostly the same mind movies playing over and over which also would enter my mind during the day. Not necessarily full dreams. That was 3 plus decades ago. We rug swept, (not recommended).

Not processing the trauma then reared it's ugly head 2 yrs ago. This time I've sought help from a infidelity trauma counselor. There are some first responder traumas mixed in that complicate things. The dreams returned in more detail. The same old mind movies plus new more detailed dreams.

The most troubling was Ww's AP petitioned to join an organization I belong to. When his application was read in an open meeting I nearly got sick. Soon I would have to voice my opposition or wait and cast my secret ballot. Alternative is to fade away and no longer participate. I've had the dream several times with different outcomes.

It just socks.

BOAZ367

posts: 51   ·   registered: Feb. 5th, 2023   ·   location: East coast
id 8841709

standinghere ( member #34689) posted at 4:07 PM on Saturday, July 6th, 2024

The dreams may not be reality, but the dreams themself are very real. I had some terrible ones, including me walking around aimlessly in the shop where my wife's AP worked, where they had their first full on no holds barred sexual encounter after he locked up that night. Despite the shop having closed years before d-day.

They are simply a reflection of the trauma of infidelity.

Worse than dreams about snakes.

FBH - Me - Betrayal in late 30's (now much older)
FWS - Her - Affair in late 30's (now much older )
4 Children
Her - Love of my life...still is.
Reconciled BUT!

posts: 1684   ·   registered: Jan. 31st, 2012   ·   location: USA
id 8841727
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy