Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

General :
Children

Topic is Sleeping.

MySonshine (original poster member #32252) posted at 10:00 AM on Monday, January 1st, 2024

I’m so hurt. My older 3 children are texting about the possibility of D. They think I’m the reason for D, but they don’t know about any of the affairs. How much do you tell kids? I tried to have a family meeting and my 8 year old (who doesn’t have a phone) was the only one who would talk/ ask questions. WS said absolutely nothing.

BS-me 40
WH-41
Too many DDs to count.

posts: 96   ·   registered: May. 24th, 2011   ·   location: Tennessee
id 8819953

Jajaynumb ( member #83674) posted at 11:10 AM on Monday, January 1st, 2024

Sorry you’re here after being betrayed and now have to put up with being the bad guy because your kids don’t know the truth.

How old are they? Maybe you can have 1:1 conversations. If your kids are young adults they can know the truth. Younger kids should not be lied to but they need to know what’s happening in age appropriate terms.

You didn’t cause this it’s not your fault. However, don’t fall into the trap of saying bad stuff about their dad to your kids. It’s very damaging to them.

https://library.survivinginfidelity.com/topics/661294/worse-than-hell-yes-its-all-true/

posts: 174   ·   registered: Aug. 1st, 2023   ·   location: Europe
id 8819956
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy