Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Just Found Out :
Lost and Confused

Topic is Sleeping.

PinkOlaf (original poster new member #84271) posted at 8:56 PM on Monday, December 18th, 2023

Hello. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and I recently discovered that he has been talking on the phone to a female co-worker. I noticed that it has been during work hours and the conversations last from minutes to hours. The phone number was not saved as her name but as a male name. I asked him in the past have they exchanged numbers and he said, "No". When I confronted him he apologized and mentioned that they only talk about work problems, work related things, and her relationship problems. He told me sometimes him and his male coworker talk with her on a conference call as well. He mentioned that he was not attracted to her and it was nothing sexual. He agreed to stop talking with her and admitted it was wrong. I’m not sure what to do or think of it. I’m in need of advice.

[This message restored by Webmaster at 7:43 AM, Wednesday, December 20th]

[This message edited by PinkOlaf at 2:31 AM, Tuesday, December 19th]

posts: 2   ·   registered: Dec. 18th, 2023   ·   location: Alabama
id 8818672

PinkOlaf (original poster new member #84271) posted at 8:58 PM on Monday, December 18th, 2023

Edit: This has been going on for about 4 months.

[This message restored by Webmaster at 7:43 AM, Wednesday, December 20th]

[This message edited by PinkOlaf at 2:32 AM, Tuesday, December 19th]

posts: 2   ·   registered: Dec. 18th, 2023   ·   location: Alabama
id 8818673

survrus ( member #67698) posted at 1:29 AM on Tuesday, December 19th, 2023

PO,

I think his hiding her name under a mans name tells you a great deal of what you need to know.

"I'm not attracted to her", that's another cliche statement cheaters use to cover up.

He is as attracted to this woman as I am to the lady at church who rubs her tits against me sometimes. I would never tell my WW I'm not attracted to her because that's a biological fact.

The I'm helping her with her relationship, sorry another red flag.

Even if he is not cheating which I'm certain he is but he is putting his job at risk and the families financil stability. If this does become a full on affair it may become a mark on his resume which will make him unemployable at his current salery.

Remind him not to S**t were he eats.

posts: 1507   ·   registered: Nov. 1st, 2018   ·   location: USA
id 8818705

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 4:02 AM on Tuesday, December 19th, 2023

Welcome to SI you are safe here. Your WH is cheating on you, when he hides the conversations under someone else's name, that's cheating. He might not be attracted to her but he loves attention, your H is lying to you.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3542   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8818714

Bigger ( Attaché #8354) posted at 9:36 AM on Tuesday, December 19th, 2023

If we try to look logically at what you share then there are a couple of reasonable explanations for why they talk, but there are also some really big red flags…
Like it’s reasonable that coworkers commute. Depending on the job they are doing and location then even hour-long convo’s can be normal. One of my main coworkers is a female and works about 500 miles from where I am, so we might have anything from short calls to hours of Team-meetings (nearly) every day. We even share about family and I would consider her something between an acquaintance and friend. I guess about half the people I work with and interact on a daily basis are female, and I guess that if I or one of them were to quit we are all on good-enough terms that we would stop for a coffee if we ran into each other a year from now.
So… if hour-long convo’s are norm for the job and are a requirement to get the work done… fine.

Would these conversations be in-line with his job? Is he calling her work-phone or personal phone?

However… talking about relationships is out of order. It’s a very slippery slope. A delicate line. Like that colleague of mine? I know she has three kids. Know one is in college and doing well. Know her husbands name and job and have even talked to him at company-events (he’s an angler like me). Know they bought a truck this year. But that’s about it…

The Red Flags…
The number hidden behind a man’s name.
Why? Is there any logical reason for this? I can think of excuses – but they revolve around your husband knowing you would have an issue and therefore hiding it. Red Flag.

Talking about her relationship(s).
This raises some issues… People should know to keep a certain distance from their issues and work. Discern between associates, acquaintances and friends. If he is in any way her superior at work (like her boss) that distance needs to be heavily enforced. That he seems to break that… a big Red Flag.

Disproportionate time talking to her…
Look – I’m all for work being fun. But work is work. It’s bring-home-the-bacon time. I might spend hours talking to my female colleagues but that will be billable hours because we are talking about work, not if her husband is a douchebag or what happened in last episode of The Crown.

So what to do?
For one his promise not to talk to her won’t work…
For one, he probably does need to talk to her for work. For two, if he didn’t recognize this as a threat to the marriage (despite recognizing this as something he needed to hide) then he will relapse. Only this time be more careful.

We have more-or-less standard suggestions for budding emotional affairs:
Go get a copy of the book Not Just Friends by Dr. Shirley Glass. Tell your husband that the two of you should read it. Preferably together. You can even get an audio version and listen to it together.
The key here is that you are 100% certain it’s read. Like if you get an audio copy the two of you find some quiet-time together in the den, sit with your coffee or tea and LISTEN. Stop and discuss each chapter. Do the exercises.
What this will hopefully do is make him realize the path he was on. To understand what an emotional affair is, and how it develops.

To use a comparison: It’s like an intervention where you might convince a teenage child that occasionally taking e or oxy is not "innocent" because it’s only once (or once a month) and it’s controllable, because it’s a lot more likely to get him in trouble and become an addiction.

"If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone." Epictetus

id 8818720

Bigger ( Attaché #8354) posted at 1:55 PM on Wednesday, December 20th, 2023

Hey PinkOlaf

The guidelines of this site clearly state you can’t remove your posts like you did.
Don’t worry – your anonymity is safe here.

I hope you read what has already been shared and respond. We can guide you. I know it might feel overwhelming, but one thing we all have in common here is we too have been to that convention, gotten the shirt and drank the Kool-Aid.

"If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone." Epictetus

id 8818827
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy