Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Feeling proud and a few random stuff

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:31 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

So I'm feeling rather proud. When it came to the boys hair wh always just buzzed their heads. Sometimes with a bit of a mowhawk.

While Big D wanted his hair as short as can be, DS didnt want a buzz cut so before school I cut his hair and OMG he looked great.

Well he needed another cut and last night I did it again! He just looks so handsome. I did good!

It feels amazing to do something I haven't done before and actually do it good.

So that's my proud moment lol

As for the random stuff.

Question: when you say you did something BY accident you use BY right?

I've caught my kids saying "ON accident" and it's driving me batty. "I did that ON accident" doesn't make sense to me one bit.

I couldn't understand where they were getting this from until I saw a reel where someone said the same thing.

Has the Grammer changed or are they repeating something that's not correct?

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8815211

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 3:49 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

I'm impressed!! Cutting hair is not something I would ever attempt for good reason. laugh

I am certainly not a grammar expert but I thought by accident was correct. I have also heard on accident used.

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8815214

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

Thanks Zebra.

I was scared the first time thinking OMG what am I doing but it turned out so good and DS was so happy.

This time I thought man I hope it goes as well as the first time and it did.

To me ON accident doesn't sound right.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8815215

zebra25 ( member #29431) posted at 4:12 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

I clip one of my dogs to save money on a groomer and also not potentially expose him to something from other dogs. My results are very mixed. I would never attempt to cut a human's hair. You should be proud of yourself!!!

My H hates when his hair gets "long. During the pandemic it was getting long, for him, and he asked me to cut it. I told him to look at the dog and see if he wanted to reconsider his request. laugh

"Don't let anyone who hasn't been in your shoes tell you how to tie your laces."

D-day April 2010

id 8815221

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 4:26 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

I'm sure a professional would not be as impressed with my hair cutting as I am lol.

I dont know why there's a lever in the clippers that makes the blade go up and down or when to use it in the different positions. I kept it down and used the different guards to get a closer cut around his ears and the back of his head, then the longer ones for the top to trim it up but keep it so it feathered nicely.

I think we tried once to clip the St.Bernard. mostly just to remove mats.

None of the animals I have now require trims. Just their nails. The bulldog is a pain for doing her nails. She hates the regular clippers so I have a nail grinder for her and that she doesn't mind.

Next is to get the horses hooves done. If the gelding (fixed male) liked me better I'm sure I could do it but he prefers men over woman. Just giving him his worming meds is a royal pain in the a$$!

Whike I'm ok doing the boys hair I'm not ok doing the girls. Once I get some money behind me I'm taking them in for trims.

id 8815223

ladyphoenix ( member #72766) posted at 11:51 PM on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023

I used to cut my son's hair and always felt delighted when it turned out looking good. He has super curly hair so it was very forgiving of errors. Between the ages of 11-14 he mostly let it grow. It ended up being halfway down his back when the curls were pulled straight! I gave him a couple trims just to keep the tangles at a minimum, but last year we talked about him going to a stylist who specializes in curly hair (I didn't even know that was a thing!). He went and she cut 10-12" off. He looked so good, the next time he got it shaved in the back with longer still on top and I cried when I saw him, it was an adjustment for me, his hair has never been that short. He went from little boy to young man in the blink of an eye.
I am delighted for you that you were able to do that for your son. It's one of those things that he will remember fondly as he gets older.

M 25 years, together 31. DD1 Feb 2019, DD2(TT) June 2019, DD3 (TT) July 2019, (TT) March 2020, (TT) Sept 2020.We have 3 children: 24,20, 15 and two grandchildren since 2019. We work daily on R and building a stronger relationship.

posts: 149   ·   registered: Feb. 8th, 2020   ·   location: Canada
id 8815278

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:08 AM on Thursday, November 16th, 2023

He went from little boy to young man in the blink of an eye.

Yes this!

DS is 13 and with the longer hair it goes crazy curley. The trim plus close around the ears and back make him look so much older.

id 8815288

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 2:05 AM on Friday, November 17th, 2023

Girl I am so damned proud of you.

You are definitely on the Struggle Bus right now but you are moving toward a much more stable calmer happier and brighter future.

Be proud of these small accomplishments. Keep on keeping on and in a year I can't wait to see how you have blossomed.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8815387

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 3:21 AM on Friday, November 17th, 2023

I second what tush said. It is such a joy to hear the positive progress you and the kids are making!!

Enjoy the peace you’re finding, you deserve it.

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8815391

Bigger ( Attaché #8354) posted at 10:08 AM on Friday, November 17th, 2023

I don’t think you have made progress ON accident.
Nor do I think you have made progress by the grammatically correct BY accident.
I think you made progress by taking small but consistent steps forwards.

So, yes it’s by accident, and not on.

---
Linguists suggest that there is a growing use of "on" in these situation, and has been for some time. People under 40 use "by", but under 40 increasingly use "on".
If we take a conversation with a young child:
Did you break the dish on purpose?
No – I broke it on accident.

The "on" is based on what the child is hearing from the adult questioning him. The difference is that if you do something on purpose you do it with intent. An accident is by definition something that happens by… accident. It’s not intentional. Like if I don’t see the red light I might accidentally hit another car, but if I ignore the red light I crash the other car.
"On" is a more definite, firm word. Like "we jump on three" is not the same as "we jump by three".

"If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone." Epictetus

id 8815396

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:34 PM on Friday, November 17th, 2023

Thank you Tush and MIgander.

Bigger,

There's a man who pops up on my Facebook reels from time to time from TickTok that talks about linguistics and the origin of words. I don't use tiktok so I can't follow him but the reels I do see are really interesting. I really enjoy the origin posts.

You're correct in that ON is more definitive.

id 8815426

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 12:06 AM on Saturday, November 18th, 2023

Well there you go! You should go to barber's school and then open a shop at your home! GREAT $$$$ in that.

I've always thought, from reading all your posts, that you CAN do some many things that many of us could never do - taking care of all those animals and even fixng cars! A woman of MANY talents!

"Because I deserve better"

id 8815585
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy