Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
How to Dispute This Charge

Topic is Sleeping.

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 11:08 PM on Sunday, June 26th, 2022

We went to a concert last night, it was an outdoor venue and the concessions were run by Live Nation. There was a beer vendor walking around selling beers. I got 2 for $35, ridiculous, I know. He ran my card and said ok, then said wait it’s declined. Then he’s messing with the hand held computer and said, its locked up you have to use another card but my computer isn’t working. He called his buddy over selling the same way and said take care of them for me. I used another card and had no trouble.

Today I discovered the first charge went through, this guy had me use another card and another vendor to avoid the appearance of a double charge. I was scammed and I’m pissed.

I want to dispute the charge but it’s my word against his, if I dispute both charges it should tie them together and show that I was charged again 1 minute later but a different card.

My question is, should I dispute both and eventually agree to one of the charges? Or only dispute the fraudulent charge?

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8742080

OwningItNow ( member #52288) posted at 1:31 AM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Just do it honestly and dispute the first. Ridiculous!!!! Your evidence if your bank asks is the immediate second charge.

Sorry. That stuff gets my blood boiling.

me: BS/WS h: WS/BS

Reject the rejector. Do not reject yourself.

posts: 5905   ·   registered: Mar. 16th, 2016   ·   location: Midwest
id 8742092

deena04 ( member #41741) posted at 3:51 AM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

I agree with the above about disputing it right away. Also, do you have any way to find out who was selling the beer? Was it an outside company doing concessions or can you call the actual venue and dispute it first with them? I would also call your bank at the same time but often times a bank will ask "have you contacted the vendor"…. They will still dispute it but sometimes they want to see that you tried to get it back without them. I’ve only had a couple of instances where I have had to dispute but I was asked this each time.

Me FBS 40s, Him XWS older than me (lovemywife4ever), D, He cheated before M, forgot to tell me. I’m free and loving life.

posts: 3335   ·   registered: Dec. 22nd, 2013   ·   location: Midwest
id 8742105

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 3:59 AM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Like Owningitnow, this stuff gets MY blood boiling too. I just went through two scamming episodes and I'm still feeling the fallout. Second scam I thought was a card reader at gas pumps but it wasn't. Card wouldn't work at pumps so I went inside. Young guy only one there working the register and later I found out it's been HIM who is scamming. He had a reader on the little card machine INSIDE so he's been selling card info. I know this because he finally got caught and arrested last week after months of scamming and stealing info. It took so long to get my funds returned to my account from both scams.

By all means go after your funds!!

"Because I deserve better"

id 8742107

Jeaniegirl ( member #6370) posted at 4:06 AM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

There is a number on the back of your card to call. They have a fraud department. I worked through THEM 'and' my bank to recover my funds. It took almost three weeks but all my funds were returned to my account. Sounds like those two 'vendors' were working together to scam people.

"Because I deserve better"

id 8742108

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 5:31 AM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Thanks for the replies. They were definitely employees of Live Nation and working together to scam people. I found it odd that he would send me to another worker. I’m sure they have quotas or make commission.

id 8742117

Carissima ( member #66330) posted at 1:59 PM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Just thought I'd mention that this can happen legitimately. Sometimes a card is declined but depending depending on process the money is taken from account and classed as pending. If no authorisation code is received within a certain amount of time the funds are automatically put back into account.
I used to deal with this as part of my job and have also had it happen to me. It's frustrating as hell to deal with.

id 8742139

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 2:59 PM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

I would contact my credit card companies first, and see if they have had other similar complaints.
Often the Credit card companies will go to bat for you, or wipe the charges.

Then I would definitely call Live Nation and get leadership on this issue. These kids are probably working this in some way to benefit themselves, and the greedy MF'rs at Live Nation don't want that. LOL

Hope you enjoyed your show.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8742142

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 3:17 PM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Kid Rock 🤟

It was great!!! A bucket list show for my W.

My thinking on disputing both is this gets both transactions on someone’s desk at Live Nation. IMO the second charge is the actual fraud, so I’m definitely disputing #2. They have a policy of only selling 2 drinks, how could I buy 4 within a minute?

id 8742146

SadieMae ( member #42986) posted at 4:17 PM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Is the charge posted or is it still pending?

I ordered from a food truck and they couldn't get my card to work. They ran the charge twice before we gave up and I just went elsewhere. When I got home, both charges were in my pending charges on my card. I watched it for a couple of days and then both charges disappeared and were never moved to actual transactions.

Me: BW D-day 3/9/2014
TT until 6/2016
TT again Fall 2020
Yay! A new D-Day on 11/8/2023 WTAF

posts: 1431   ·   registered: Apr. 3rd, 2014   ·   location: Sweet Tea in the Shade
id 8742163

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 4:49 PM on Monday, June 27th, 2022

Both are posted.

id 8742170
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy