Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Off Topic :
Missing child ends in tragedy

Topic is Sleeping.

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 3:34 PM on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022

Sunday a young boy with autism was reported missing from his home.

Once word got out the entire community went out to search. Three separate police units from different regions, helicopters, drones, dogs, boats, ATV's, people from far came to search. Security surveillance caught him heading north on one street.

We all had hope he would be found safe.

Then just over 24 hours from when he was reported missing, police divers retrieved his body from the river.

Hundreds of posts and so many asking why no Amber alert was issued. Amber alerts are for abductions, not lost/missing children.

Now we have a petition to created a new alert system for vulnerable children/individuals. I pray it gets implemented.

I didn't read about it until late Sunday when I checked out community Facebook page. If everyone had had an alert come over their phones, radios maybe, just maybe he would have been found sooner.

I hugged my kids tighter last night. The entire community is grieving today.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

posts: 25823   ·   registered: May. 10th, 2011   ·   location: Canada
id 8740120

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 6:30 PM on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022

Had to verfiy that I wasn't miss remembering that a local news story was from across the border. Eight days ago we had an autisic boy go missing and his body was found in the river. We have a pretty intensive Amber Alert system that this was published on early on. Didn't help the outcome in his case. He left the home and was likely drowned within a hour. They actually found footage of him running towards the riverbank from a security camera which is why the were searching the river.

I'm part of a local niche sport community. A 23 year old women missing since saturday night hit those alertchannels yesterday. I recognized the lastname and worried that she was related to friends in that community. While I've never met the missing woman, I did know both her parents and grandparents from that community. Her backpack, purse, and phone were returned to her mother after beingfound by a UPS driver. I feel just awful for them. You hold out hope that maybe she just felt the need to get away from it all, but the likelyhood is something very dire happened.

id 8740173

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 6:50 PM on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022

I'm sorry you had thr same thing happen down there!

I wonder why the criteria for when an Amber alert is used is different up here. I can tell you many people were very upset it wasn't used.

Some people blamed the parents, there was rumors that he went missing in the morning and wasn't reported until the afternoon. The police stated they believe no foul play was at work here.

That said I had door alarms set up when my kids were small. If my child was (what's the politically correct term now???) Vulnerable? And a flight risk I would not only have alarms on all doors and windows but I'd put an apple air tag on all their clothes. Of course I'm paranoid that way. Someone even passes our house slowly and I take notice.

So many people go missing and no alert system is set off up here. If you follow a police page or certain news pages maybe you'll see/hear about it.

I did see a video from the US of a cold case squad that solved a 40 year missing baby case. Her parents had been murdered and she was taken. They were able to reunite her with family.

Me: BS 46 WH: 37 (BrokenHeart911)Four little dragons. Met 2006. Married 2008. Dday of LTPA with co worker October 19th 2010. Knew about EA with ow1 before that. Now up to PA #5. Serial fucking Cheater.

id 8740181

Tanner ( Guide #72235) posted at 8:15 PM on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022

This is so heartbreaking. I have an Autistic Son that is 13 on a 2-3 year old level.

Fortunately my Son has never been lost. We trained our German Shepards to track him just in case. Also, always check the bodies of water and inside cars, that is normally where they are found.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3544   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8740201

DragnHeart (original poster member #32122) posted at 1:33 AM on Wednesday, June 15th, 2022

Search parties were told to look in culverts, in or under vehicles, all outbuildings, people were asked to check their yards. People left their lights on overnight while the search continued.

He apparently had his tablet with him when he left. People were suggesting using the find my device apps if the location was on. They haven't found his tablet yet.

id 8740258

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 12:50 AM on Thursday, June 16th, 2022

FWIW, the 23 year walked into her church today. Needed time away. Wasn't expecting a happy ending to that one.

id 8740402

MIgander ( member #71285) posted at 4:35 AM on Thursday, June 16th, 2022

This is all so sad. I can't imagine what the mother of the autistic boy is going through right now. How did he end up in the river? He left his tablet behind? My aspie son sometimes has to have me pry his screens from his fingers! (I exaggerate, but... not much!) I really wonder what happened there?

And the 23yo woman... who the hell hides out in a church and abducts people?? There's more going on with that... and I'm not sure it will be pretty when it's found out.

So many odd and sad situations. I'm sorry you're all having this going on in your community right now.

WW/BW Dday July 2019. BH/WH- multiple EA's. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

posts: 1189   ·   registered: Aug. 15th, 2019   ·   location: Michigan
id 8740417

grubs ( member #77165) posted at 5:24 PM on Thursday, June 16th, 2022

And the 23yo woman... who the hell hides out in a church and abducts people?? There's more going on with that... and I'm not sure it will be pretty when it's found out.

The mother and her were pretty religous so the church was a safe zone for her. It's leaking out that she has had some mental issues. Possibly Schizophrenia. That fits with the strangeness of her living with the grandparents and being a 23 year old that wasn't driving in this area. If it wasn't for the backpack and phone being found and turned into the police, I don't think it would have gotten the publicity it did. That was compounded by her having called several friends to ask for a ride the night she disappeared and none of them could do give her one.

[This message edited by grubs at 5:26 PM, Thursday, June 16th]

id 8740468

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 6:38 PM on Thursday, June 16th, 2022

So sad.
There is evidently a fairly high % of drownings, and deaths of kids in the spectrum vs non.
To cheer you up, I follow a lady in my region that is an amazing woman who has weight loss pages, and has been through just about everything. An abusive spouse, being over 300Lb's, and breaking out of that. Lost a baby during a pregnancy, and then her rainbow baby has autism, and is pretty non-verbal.
She had a similar thing happen a couple weeks ago when they were away from home on a weekend trip, and staying at place w/ a lake and a pool, someone left a door open, and he wondered off.
Luckily she found him at the pool playing on the steps into the pool.
He was safe, unharmed and playing happily. Mom on the other hand was quite traumatized.
But she shared what happened on her FB page, and I just cannot imagine the trauma, and pain she felt in those moments.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8740482
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy