Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

New Beginnings :
Update of a sorts

Topic is Sleeping.

justkate (original poster member #32488) posted at 11:16 PM on Thursday, April 8th, 2021

So I saw him about a week ago, hadn't seen each other since his comment. This time he tells me I am so strong and he thought what he said wouldn't affect me like it did. What?? He msg'd a bit after that but now nothing... even the msg's felt like he was just talking to a friend.

I'm not initiating any contact but hate feeling like my life is back in limbo.

I want so badly to msg and thank him for treating me just like my exh (which he knew about as we'd talked about our marriages early on).

I am realizing that there really isn't anything acceptable in how he has treated me that I could consider staying with him no matter what he were to say. I would prefer to have that conversation in person but hey we're in another lockdown. Technically we could meet since he lives alone but I don't see him agreeing to that. Its like he's turned out to be just like my exh... avoid being the bad guy and taking the coward's way out.

Should I msg him or send him a letter?

I'm done with this kind of treatment and childishness (he's 60 by the way).

me - BS - Him - cheater/compulsive liar and no longer in my headspace and not a concern

Dec 28, 2012 Divorced

The future - mine to do what I wish!

posts: 106   ·   registered: Jun. 14th, 2011   ·   location: ON Canada
id 8648940

Karmafan ( member #53810) posted at 1:12 AM on Friday, April 9th, 2021

I want so badly to msg and thank him for treating me just like my exh (which he knew about as we'd talked about our marriages early on)

Nope. Please don’t. Although you have every right to feel angry, telling him so and comparing him to your ex won’t help your cause. NC is the only way forward at this point.

Should I msg him or send him a letter?

Neither. I know it’s hard but you need to let this one go Kate. It was clear from your other post that he was detaching whilst hiding behind silly excuses. He’s now given you plenty more evidence and chiding him and chasing him won’t change his mind and will only hurt you.

Sorry you are going though this Kate, breakups really suck

Me 48 XWH Irrelevant D-day 23 Feb 163 amazing, resilient kids

You are not a drop in the Ocean, you are the entire Ocean in a drop

posts: 639   ·   registered: Jun. 23rd, 2016   ·   location: UK
id 8648957

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 2:31 AM on Friday, April 9th, 2021

Hi Kate, and yeah, sorry you are going through this.

I think this is one for write the letter, then have a little burning party and burn that letter.

He doesn’t deserve to know how he affected you. Speak your mind, but not to him.

Hang in there.

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8648979

AnnieOakley ( member #13332) posted at 5:33 AM on Friday, April 9th, 2021

This time he tells me I am so strong and he thought what he said wouldn't affect me like it did. What??

Exactly. So that gives him license to treat you poorly because he didn’t think you would take it personally after a 3 year relationship? The truth hurts and I’m guessing this is as close as you are going to get to it.

Please quit engaging with him. You are only prolonging the hurt. He is not going to give you the real reason for sorta ending the relationship...again...he wants you to do it. So do yourself a favor and just rip the bandaid. Then you can start focusing on yourself.

You deserve better. ☮️

Me= BSHim=xWH (did the work & became the man I always thought he was, but it was too late)M=23+,T=27+dday=7/06, 8/09 (pics at a work function), 11/09 VAR, 6/12 Sep'd, 10/14 Divorced."If you are going through hell, keep going."

posts: 1714   ·   registered: Jan. 18th, 2007   ·   location: Pacific Time Zone
id 8649014

justkate (original poster member #32488) posted at 12:35 AM on Sunday, April 11th, 2021

Thank you everyone... it's been a rough week but I have not made any contact. I guess what makes it harder for me is 10 years ago at this same time was when exh was pulling the same crap. Also that he (exso) turned out to be so cowardly that he couldn't tell me the truth and so I feel as though there's no real closure.

I have let my boys (only 1 still at home and only til next Jan) that things are over. They all knew something was up and eldest isn't even in Canada right now...they all just know me and sensed something was up. Plus I can't lie worth a s$#t about anything, I didn't give them details and they didn't ask. Just told me to take care of myself.

I did box up things I'd been given... I don't want or need those reminders every day. And weirdly I'm now kind of glad he'd never come to my place... no ghosts or memories.

I do have some big work to do on my house after my mortgage renewal in about a month and a half so I'll focus on that and plotting about the awesome home office space I'll have when the youngest moves out.

me - BS - Him - cheater/compulsive liar and no longer in my headspace and not a concern

Dec 28, 2012 Divorced

The future - mine to do what I wish!

posts: 106   ·   registered: Jun. 14th, 2011   ·   location: ON Canada
id 8649550
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy