Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

Wayward Side :
Update/Request

Topic is Sleeping.
stop

JoshQ (original poster new member #77207) posted at 3:34 PM on Saturday, January 30th, 2021

Thank you if you are taking the time to read this. The first thing I want to say(and this is of no offense to those who took the time to try to help me), but please do not PM me if you are a female. I appreciate it a lot, but I cannot take any chances when interacting with women. I have feelings that are beyond my control and am not in a good place to be PMing any women. Thank you.

I am still giving my wife her space. It is difficult on her, so I am considering leaving to my parent's house for a week. I also got a book and workbook to work on my sexual addiction from home on my own. I am not putting a lot of hope in it to cure me because that's basically impossible, but I am sure it will do me wonders to understand and control myself. Thank you all.

id 8629219

JBWD ( member #70276) posted at 5:56 PM on Saturday, January 30th, 2021

I also got a book and workbook to work on my sexual addiction from home on my own.

Josh, as someone with a WHOLE LOT of similarities to your story, I will make a suggestion. Addiction work on your own is a lot like “thinking about fixing your car.” If you are in any form of addiction, there is a critical step in accepting the help of a group. The realization that you are not “incurably unique” does wonders for the ability to overcome shame and the compulsion to hide shortcomings that are often inevitably apparent.

I’ll send you a PM (good realization on your limitations BTW) with some additional thoughts.

Me: WH (Multiple OEA/PA, culminating in 4 month EA/PA. D-Day 20 Oct 2018 41 y/o)Married 14 years Her: BS 37 y/o at D-Day13 y/o son, 10 y/o daughter6 months HB, broken NC, TT Divorced

posts: 917   ·   registered: Apr. 11th, 2019   ·   location: SoCal
id 8629248

Maia ( member #8268) posted at 5:08 PM on Monday, February 1st, 2021

Learn about ritual chains. it will help. Look for the web site Recovery Nation. Lots of great info there.

The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.Psalms 34:18

posts: 6874   ·   registered: Sep. 20th, 2005   ·   location: I am a Bluegrass-American
id 8629684
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy