Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
talking online

Topic is Sleeping.

june33585 (original poster new member #71228) posted at 11:05 PM on Sunday, August 2nd, 2020

Hi,

Was wondering is anyone has had experience talking to others online and could give me some guidance and suggestions. I am interested in talking( only)to men my age and that's it. Don't want any of those nasty sites....

This is all so new to me.

H had 7 year A and we are separated.

Thanks~in Minnesota

id 8569354

AnnieOakley ( member #13332) posted at 4:41 AM on Monday, August 3rd, 2020

I’m slightly confused since you are still separated what exactly are you looking for in talking (only) with men?

Also not sure what you are referencing regarding the nasty sites?

Bumble and okcupid have options for friends only. Not sure what the success ratio is there since both are dating site, but I understand them widening the window. However many dating profiles state they do not want a texting/chatting relationship. People typically will want to meet, even for a friend. Coffee, hike, dinner, museum, etc.

Me= BSHim=xWH (did the work & became the man I always thought he was, but it was too late)M=23+,T=27+dday=7/06, 8/09 (pics at a work function), 11/09 VAR, 6/12 Sep'd, 10/14 Divorced."If you are going through hell, keep going."

posts: 1714   ·   registered: Jan. 18th, 2007   ·   location: Pacific Time Zone
id 8569448

Okokok ( member #56594) posted at 3:39 PM on Monday, August 3rd, 2020

My advice to you (and generally the advice I give to everyone) is that you begin by choosing a few apps/sites and build a very basic profile that doesn't give away much if any information about yourself. Do this simply to start looking around, get a sense of how others present themselves and what they write on their profiles, who's available in your area, etc. Depending on where you are, some apps/sites may be more popular than others. You can set age boundaries on all of them. That can be your first step.

On some of the sites/apps (Match maybe?), you may even be able to browse first without making a profile at all.

Then, when you're *really* ready to start engaging with people, you can put effort into writing up your profile, putting your pictures up, etc. There are certainly tips about how to do a good job of that as well.

The big ones are Match, Tinder, Bumble, OkCupid (though that one seems to have gotten worse lately), Hinge, POF, eHarmony, Zoosk, and maybe some others. I'd say the BIG 4 right now are Match, Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. My opinion.

There people looking for meaningful relationships and people just looking for sex on every app. Give it some time and you'll find you have both good and bad luck with all of them.

~

That's just basic info. You can get tips here on how to build a great profile and things to watch out for as well!

[This message edited by Okokok at 9:40 AM, August 3rd (Monday)]

Erstwhile BH and BBF. Always healing.

Divorced dad with little kids.

posts: 1265   ·   registered: Dec. 29th, 2016   ·   location: Massachusetts
id 8569591

TheLostOne2020 ( member #72463) posted at 1:50 PM on Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

june33585

I think it depends precisely what you mean. I would assume you meant dating - there's a few avenues for that. There's the dating apps, Hinge, Bumble, Tinder, etc. I don't have experience with that.

There's also places like Reddit. I've been talking with, making friends with, etc a lot of people online. It's fairly easy to do.

id 8569987
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy